Flashpaq for diagnostics on another Jeep?

USMC Wrangler

Maybe I missed it, but tried the search function here and interweb-wide too. My previous experience with Superchips was for my 99 F-150. On that tuner I could install a tune on my old truck and still read CEL codes on another.

I recently got an '11 JKUR to drive for my work ride, owned by my employer. The GASCAP warning and CEL was on when I got it. Our mechanics put a new cap on but after several hundred miles the warning is still there. I told them about the evap canister throwing those codes too, but got the deer in the headlights look. :doh: In other words, the look of, "Who the hell are you? Are you a mechanic?!"

I'd like to know if anyone has used their Flashpaq, with a tune installed on one Jeep, to read the CEL codes on another without frying anything. I'd love to show them whatever the code(s) are and get rid of the gas smell inside the Jeep after roughly every other fill up.

Thanks!

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
You would have to set the flashpaq tune to stock on the first jeep in order to use it on another.

When you first plug the flashpaq in it verifies the VIN before it lets you do anything.

Top Bottom