Dash locker light question

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have a JKU Sport, but I'm sure Jeep doesn't have two dashes so I figure I have the Locker lights on the dash panel, they just won't ever activate. Does anyone know if there is anyway to make these work with an aftermarket locker???

If I'm correct, he only reason any light goes on in a dash cluster, is because a sensor tells it to. So I believe if you want the light to go on with an aftermarket locker, you would have to get a sensor to respond to the light. I'm not 100% on this but it makes sense to me :thumb:

jedg

If I'm correct, he only reason any light goes on in a dash cluster, is because a sensor tells it to. So I believe if you want the light to go on with an aftermarket locker, you would have to get a sensor to respond to the light. I'm not 100% on this but it makes sense to me :thumb:

Yeah, I don't think the ARB or the Eaton E-locker have a sensor. The Rubi E-lockers have a plunger that closes a circuit for the sensor that then activates the 'locked' light when the diff locks. It's a bit more complicated than that to get the light on the dash to illuminate as I believe it's going through the CANBUS.

Top Bottom