Anti-theft

I searched the other day and didn't really find much besides others rigs being stolen. Sooo since we all know Im moving to San Diego and everyone talking about how much their Jeeps are stolen or busted into. Lets have an anti-theft thread helping us who usually leave everything open have something more secure. products dos and donts.

Ghostwalker

I do not keep anything of value in my Jeep anymore because mine was broken into right after I moved to NC. The only thing taken was about $3 in change from the center console and the drop-in tray (IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REPLACE IT SEEMS :mad: ). Aside from your Jeep getting straight up stolen I would say start with keeping it unlocked. I know this sounds backassward but this way the thieves won't have to cut the soft top (if you have one) trying to get in only to find that there was nothing there to begin with if you keep it empy. Other than that, there are plenty of security options out there that you can buy. I do not have any experience with them since my rig is bare bones but they look promising. Just my way of thinking. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...I need sleep.

DMF

In SD, the land of Whales Vagina. I would make a digital copy of ALL your receipts and definitely get renters or home owners insurance.

I do not keep anything of value in my Jeep anymore because mine was broken into right after I moved to NC. The only thing taken was about $3 in change from the center console and the drop-in tray (IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REPLACE IT SEEMS :mad: ). Aside from your Jeep getting straight up stolen I would say start with keeping it unlocked. I know this sounds backassward but this way the thieves won't have to cut the soft top (if you have one) trying to get in only to find that there was nothing there to begin with if you keep it empy. Other than that, there are plenty of security options out there that you can buy. I do not have any experience with them since my rig is bare bones but they look promising. Just my way of thinking. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...I need sleep.

Thank you, I already keep nothing in it hearing the same advice, cheaper then replacing a soft top.

Mtbhjm

I have a tuffy lock box bolted down under the drivers seat. I keep the couple of small valuable things I have in there. I find it very secure and because of the location it is hard to spot if you aren't looking for it and would be impossible to pry open without some heavy duty equipment and the seat removed. I normally back in to any parking spot facing a store or wall so that the easiest places to break into would either be in plain sight of the store window/door or more difficult to get into. I also move the few things I keep in the rear area to the floor of the front or rear seats.

Top Bottom