Broken shaft splines in locker....

Yeep

So I broke a rear axle shaft a while ago and the splines are still stuck in the factory rear e-locker (which is still fully functional) I replaced the shaft and locker to get the jeep on the road and now I've been messing with the old locker to see if I could get the spline part of the shaft out..

Any one have any ideas on how to get this bitch out

It can't be pressed from the other side ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428971537.309910.jpg

noroad

maybe drill it and tap it so you can get a large bolt in there that you can grip to pull out, little heat wouldnt hurt as long as you dont do to much.

David1tontj

maybe drill it and tap it so you can get a large bolt in there that you can grip to pull out, little heat wouldnt hurt as long as you dont do to much.

Drill and tap, then use a long bolt through a plate that would pull the shaft out as you tighten the bolt?

OJK12

I'm assuming the splines of each rotated in the locker so wouldn't that mean the locker is now junk? I guess you won't know until it's out but seems like it could be a lost cause.

Wizard

From memory I was able to punch mine out. Just can't remember if it was directly from the other side or on an angle. Mine was exactly the same, jammed in there tight.

IMG_8589Small_zpsa9afea26.jpg

Last edited:

David1tontj

Drill and tap, then use a long bolt through a plate that would pull the shaft out as you tighten the bolt?

Also- if there is any room behind it, sometimes if you can just whack it (even inward as long as nothing will break as a result) it will free it up.

Top Bottom