A potentially dumb JK question

ScottMc

Hi All,

Yes this is my first Jeep. I grew up around 4x4 stuff, got my first YZ 80 around 10 years old, spent plenty of time riding in other peoples trucks and swamp buggys where I grew up in FL, loved every minute of it.

Then I got educated and civilized and moved to the city.

20 years later, at precisely the right moment, I saw a real Jeep and fell hard. Now I have one! Finally got it off in the forest trails this weekend. My 13 year old daughter got to drive for the very first time yesterday, on a ridge road along the Appalachian Trail in a JK! Very proud daddy, I have video.

Now here's my dumb question: Is it normal for the gas peddle to be really stiff? You have to put a good bit of muscle into it to push it. Mine is a 2015 Sahara JKU. Yes I went back and forth on the Sahara vs Rubi but that's another topic. I noticed the gas peddle right away but figured I'd get used to it. But more and more I find it really annoying, and thinking further, if I was doing some serious wheeling it would be a problem with touch on the throttle. My 13 year old even commented on it. I'm wondering if this normal?

I was thinking the maybe I just need to replace some springs or something but if no one else has this problem then maybe its my Jeep and I need to take it in for warranty work?

Thought?

Thanks!

ClarksAdventures

I've never really thought about if my pedal was stuff or not. It was just always a jk pedal.
Doesn't hurt to take it to the dealer, and while you're there, take a quick spin in another brand new jk, to see if there is a difference.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
^^Same thought here.

I've never given the pedal feel a second thought, but it sure wouldn't hurt to go compare it with another new one at the dealer.

BTW, congrats on the new JK! :)

Voodoo Actual

Hi All,

Yes this is my first Jeep. I grew up around 4x4 stuff, got my first YZ 80 around 10 years old, spent plenty of time riding in other peoples trucks and swamp buggys where I grew up in FL, loved every minute of it.

Then I got educated and civilized and moved to the city.

20 years later, at precisely the right moment, I saw a real Jeep and fell hard. Now I have one! Finally got it off in the forest trails this weekend. My 13 year old daughter got to drive for the very first time yesterday, on a ridge road along the Appalachian Trail in a JK! Very proud daddy, I have video.

Now here's my dumb question: Is it normal for the gas peddle to be really stiff? You have to put a good bit of muscle into it to push it. Mine is a 2015 Sahara JKU. Yes I went back and forth on the Sahara vs Rubi but that's another topic. I noticed the gas peddle right away but figured I'd get used to it. But more and more I find it really annoying, and thinking further, if I was doing some serious wheeling it would be a problem with touch on the throttle. My 13 year old even commented on it. I'm wondering if this normal?

I was thinking the maybe I just need to replace some springs or something but if no one else has this problem then maybe its my Jeep and I need to take it in for warranty work?

Thought?

Thanks!

I know what you mean - I drive other vehicles frequently and compared to them the pedal is stiff. You'll really appreciate your cruise control on longer drives.

Top Bottom