Rack

Dannyboy76

I am hoping that someone on here can give me some advice. I am looking at getting a rack for my 2008 4dr Jeep. I have a 12 Foot Stand Up Paddle board and I need something that I can tie the board to. I know that I can just strap it down to the two cross beans. Which is no big deal. However, I came across the Olympic Quick N easy Rack. I was wondering if anybody has this? What do you think? I can’t find installation instructions online for, so I don’t know if I need to remove my side rail for the soft top when installing it. If someone can give me some insight on that, that would be great. Any pictures what help as well.

When I finally invest into a roof rack, I will go with a GOBI rack. They seem sturdy and have an easy latch system so you can take either your hard or soft top on and off easily. I don't know if your looking for a full sized roof rack or a just the two bars on top of the hard top though.

I only have a soft top. So I am just looking for two bars. Something easy to take off when I am not using it.

I just tried to look at some pictures of the olympic rack and it looks like you'd have to run it with the soft top down.. Is that what your planning on doing?

CandAMudders

noodles

I also have a 4 dr and a paddleboard. I cut two pool noodles in half and put them on the cross members and then rachet strap paddleboard on top. Easy peasy and cost 1.50. Saves all the hassle of roof rack not fitting with hard and/or soft top. Keeps your view open as a lot of racks are on there for good. Just saying...

Dannyboy76

Bruggymonster-I only need it for when the weather is good. Since I live in NJ I have to travel a little to get to water. So I am just looking for something easy to take on and off.

CandAmudders-I was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you have any pictures?

Bruggymonster-I only need it for when the weather is good. Since I live in NJ I have to travel a little to get to water. So I am just looking for something easy to take on and off.

CandAmudders-I was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you have any pictures?

Okay then I would go with CandAmudder's idea. It's cheap and would be secure with ratchet straps.

CandAMudders

pics

Hmm, sorry no pics with the paddleboard on the Jeep...just cut the noodle in half (which gives a flat base) and place across Jeep on front sill, and across the middle. You really don't have to cut the noodle, it just makes it easier sometimes to put the board on. If it is round it will roll..but not a big deal. I have even just bungied the board onto the front anchor points and rear points. No issues...have driven about 30 km with this setup but not over rough terrain.

Top Bottom