Denver CO owners

Helipilot2

Hey guys I have a possibility of getting a job out of Rocky Mountain airport. I have to live within 30 minutes of the airport so I have been looking at the Broomfield area. Housing seems pretty expensive for a 1 bedroom, any tips and suggestions on what to look for and where to start would be greatly appreciated!

boardsurfer

Take a look at Lafeyette to the North. There aren't any really bad areas immediately around that airport as far as I know (It has been many years though, I live on the opposite end of Denver now), but anything to the Northwest (closer to Boulder) will likely get more expensive.

Southwest of the airport is open land and new-ish subdivisions. Wadsworth is a pretty major thoroughfare and I would say anything south down to about 64th or Ralston would be within a half hour.

Helipilot2

Take a look at Lafeyette to the North. There aren't any really bad areas immediately around that airport as far as I know (It has been many years though, I live on the opposite end of Denver now), but anything to the Northwest (closer to Boulder) will likely get more expensive.

Southwest of the airport is open land and new-ish subdivisions. Wadsworth is a pretty major thoroughfare and I would say anything south down to about 64th or Ralston would be within a half hour.

What are gas prices and groceries like out there? I am just trying to get an idea on living expense out there, already housing is triple what I pay here. No point in taking a higher paying job if my living costs go through the roof and either make me break even or go negative.

I appreciate the insight on the different areas, sounds like I should try to look more to the south or east closer to central Denver.

boardsurfer

Gas is hovering between 2.10 and 2.20 right now. I don't pay much attention to grocery prices. Good luck on your search.

07JKSahara

I'm watching this too. My home office is in Denver, so I thought about moving. But it seemed cheaper than the SF Bay Area.

hbkid22

I will be looking to rent for now, possibly buy in a year or 2 if things go well with the job.

Erie will be one of the cheapest in the area. Another spot to look is in Westminster at Orchards Town Center. Right off highway and central for downtown Denver and boulder. Look up Arbour Commons or Arbour Square for apartments. Longmont is another option that is just outside boulder and it's also growing.

And not sure what your budget it but you can start there.

Helipilot2

Erie will be one of the cheapest in the area. Another spot to look is in Westminster at Orchards Town Center. Right off highway and central for downtown Denver and boulder. Look up Arbour Commons or Arbour Square for apartments. Longmont is another option that is just outside boulder and it's also growing.

And not sure what your budget it but you can start there.

Alright I will look those up, budget I dont think is really something that matters. Got to have some where to live but cheaper would be better, I pay $400 a month now so $1200 a month brings a tear to my eye lol

Top Bottom