3rd tail light

RoughRider

So I currently can not fit my 35" tire on my stock tire carrier so I was planning on just taking the whole thing off until I can afford the Evo tire carrier. But I was worried that I might run into some problems with the law since I would no longer have the 3rd tail light.

Would I be alright without it? (Cop wise)

Suggestions?

Depends on the area. Where i am its not mandatory. You could cut the brake light tower off and get ya a rock hard plate relocation setup with ORO litedot 3rd brake light & plate lite. $100

So I currently can not fit my 35" tire on my stock tire carrier so I was planning on just taking the whole thing off until I can afford the Evo tire carrier. But I was worried that I might run into some problems with the law since I would no longer have the 3rd tail light.

Would I be alright without it? (Cop wise)

Suggestions?

Look close above the plate and yiu can see the black piece. There are red brake lite leds there and white leds on the back side to illuminate the plate.

my_jk

I read Fort Worth Texas laws on brake lights and a 3rd brake light in mandatory :thumb: If you have a tow hitch you can get a hitch receiver brake light.

Last edited:
It's been a federal law since 1986.

It would likely be a fixit ticket.

I literally just go pulled over today for not having mud flaps in CA. Such a waste of time.

EDIT: If you haven't moved your plate you can get the expedition one light for around $20. It goes in the center of your spare.

Last edited:

RoughRider

It's been a federal law since 1986.

It would likely be a fixit ticket.

I literally just go pulled over today for not having mud flaps in CA. Such a waste of time.

EDIT: If you haven't moved your plate you can get the expedition one light for around $20. It goes in the center of your spare.

Mud flaps are required?

USMCvet

Banned
OR Fab makes a 3rd brake light kit which mounts in lieu of the stock tire carrier. It is complete and will clear a 37" spare tire and the rear window wiper.

Top Bottom