Poison spyder wide fender flares?

jivesis

Any know when these poison Spyder wide fender flares are comming out? I got done here in Aus and the third time I get a defect they impound the jk for 3 months and a fine of over $5000..

Brankz

Any know when these poison Spyder wide fender flares are comming out? I got done here in Aus and the third time I get a defect they impound the jk for 3 months and a fine of over $5000..

I'm the wrong person to say this but you don't make any sense. Lol

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I'm the wrong person to say this but you don't make any sense. Lol

He's saying that in Australia, wide fender flares are required, and he got a ticket for a vehicle that is not up to code, due to having fender flares that do not cover the tires/are too narrow. The fine is $5k and vehicle impounded for 3 months. That's what I get from it. :beer:

LeighP

Have a talk to DBOR in Melbourne...they have some wide flares, and SBR in Perth are also talking about some extra wide flares...might be worth chasing up.

And for our American brothers....yeah, the boys in blue are real hard on tyres being covered by the fender here. :)

dunstan74

The DBOR flares are great they are wide but dont look goofy, just out of curiosity jivesis did they hit you up for any other mods or only having your tires exposed?

sitruc

He's saying that in Australia, wide fender flares are required, and he got a ticket for a vehicle that is not up to code, due to having fender flares that do not cover the tires/are too narrow. The fine is $5k and vehicle impounded for 3 months. That's what I get from it. :beer:

^^^ What he said! To the OP, made perfect sense to me. Guess I'm smarter than the average bear! :clap2::clap2:

jivesis

Yeah sorry, there are a few wider flares out there but look ugly as. The poison spyder ones look great as I have the normal width set on there at the moment and are steel not shitty rubber or plastic.. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429130224.152287.jpg

jivesis

The DBOR flares are great they are wide but dont look goofy, just out of curiosity jivesis did they hit you up for any other mods or only having your tires exposed?

They said I need mudflaps also which is another ugly mod I have to add to the list. I said what about motorcycles? They don't come with mudflaps that are 300mm off the ground... Bullshit

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
They said I need mudflaps also which is another ugly mod I have to add to the list. I said what about motorcycles? They don't come with mudflaps that are 300mm off the ground... Bullshit

I'm sorry to hear that your road laws are so retarded. For the mud flaps, evo sells so quick disconnect ones. Not sure how much they would be to get to you down under.

mackey

So thanks to one out of shape state trooper who's has a hard on for jeeps, I may need some wider fenders. Can anyone confirm if Genrights or Poison Spyder's wide fenders are wider than the stock? Thanks.

Pyro1415

Germany we have to have fenders at least as wide as the tire. I took some plastic stripping and screwed it into my plastic flare. You could probably silicon something onto yours.

Wardell

GenRight's website mentions they have wide fender flares, but I don't see any on there for the JK. Just stock width and a narrow size. It looks to be the same with Poison Spyder right now too.

I hate to throw this out there, but River Raider is the only company I know of that sells tube fender flares wider than stock (two sizes +2" and +4" wider), but they're way over priced and probably full of bondo.

Bushwacker also sells their pocket fender flares in a wider size than stock, if you're into that look. (Personally, I'm thinking about getting their flat fenders, but they're only stock width).

Also, I saw something on facebook about an Australian company called Uneek 4x4 that is working on 1" and 2" spacers for the stock fender flares. I'm guessing they should work for aftermarket fender flares too, but I don't know how good they would look.

Top Bottom