Need help finding 2011 JK Dimmable Wiring Connection

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I have a friend with a 2011 JK Sport, manual tranny . He installed a divers side A-Pillar Switch Pod with lightable switches (5 prong switches). He wants the one side to illuminate at night when the dash lights are on and our problem is we can't find the dimmable power source wire for the 2011 JK. I have a 14 JK and connected to the dimmable wire for the under dash lights, extremely easy. The 2011s don't have that option. After 4 hours, we gave up for the day:banghead:

We have found lots of write ups on the 2012-15 Jk's but can't seem to find anything on the 2011s for this. We have the rest of his switches and lights hooked up.

Any idea's, suggestion or pic's would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Wethy

You have it tied into the back of the stereo for yours? Because the stereos for 2011+ should have the same wiring as that was the year they introduced steering wheel controls as standard. If not i believe its a orange/black or orange/white wiring in the stereo harness you could use.

Edit: i will be doing this on mine as o replaced the stereo with aftermarket and pulling from that and jumpering my ground wire across. You can google "2011 jk oem stereo wiring diagram" to find what pin it actually is if thats easier

Last edited:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Ok, got it figured out. It's the Orange/Gray wire behind stereo, AC control and Instrument cluster. We tapped into that wire behind instrument cluster.

I'm sure glad they made it much easier on the 12+ JKs :) Nothing to pull apart. Wire is there, right under bottom of dash. 30 second job.

Wethy

Ok, got it figured out. It's the Orange/Gray wire behind stereo, AC control and Instrument cluster. We tapped into that wire behind instrument cluster.

I'm sure glad they made it much easier on the 12+ JKs :)

Ha ha i knew it was orange and something! Glad to hear! Now does it dim as the switch is spun?

Wethy

Yep, dims with all the dash lights.

Sweet i just have to find time to wire mine up that way! Ha ha when i wired my duallys i didnt have and aftermarket stereo so i didnt want to splice into the factory harness now that i have one i can tap into the stereo side and my wirong OCD wont make me go crazy

Top Bottom