Transfer case swap

Yes it will. The only fitment issue comes from the 2012 and up. 2012 automatics will only accept automatic transfer cases from 2012 and up.

I ran into this after purchasing one for my JK and it was for a 2012 and up auto and I have a 2011 manual. No workie.

R/
Will

Rancho

Caught the Bug
To add to this, if you put a Rubicon t-case into your Sport/etc and are using the AEV ProCal, you must enter the
t-case dip switches FIRST.
Then axle/tires.
If not the t-case in 4low will not work and when you go back to 2WD your transmission won't shift.
Ask me how I know. :icon_crazy:

Yes it will. The only fitment issue comes from the 2012 and up. 2012 automatics will only accept automatic transfer cases from 2012 and up.

I ran into this after purchasing one for my JK and it was for a 2012 and up auto and I have a 2011 manual. No workie.

R/
Will

dwmgcs

To add to this, if you put a Rubicon t-case into your Sport/etc and are using the AEV ProCal, you must enter the
t-case dip switches FIRST.
Then axle/tires.
If not the t-case in 4low will not work and when you go back to 2WD your transmission won't shift.
Ask me how I know. :icon_crazy:

This must be the case only when using the AEV ProCal, I just did this swap and I didn't have to do anything and works flawlessly, I am using a Superchips programmer though, didn't need to use it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This must be the case only when using the AEV ProCal, I just did this swap and I didn't have to do anything and works flawlessly, I am using a Superchips programmer though, didn't need to use it.

You didn't change the gear ratio?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
To clarify this is on my 2013 Sport Auto.
My buddy did this swap on his 2014 Sport Auto too.
When I got off the trail my JK was running like poop.
He and I stopped and he busted out his cheat sheet e-mail from AEV and they said to do the t-case first (his e-mail had a bunch of options from AEV)
:beer:

Last edited:

My Superchips programmer doesn't even have that option and mine works fine although it's behind a manual trans.

jedg

eh... I think Overlander and the others are correct. The rubi transfer case is a 4:1 low while the old TC is a 2.72:1 low. I think that will affect your shifting when you put that thing in 4LO...

EDIT - I can see how it wouldn't in 4HI as both TCs have a 1:1 ratio in that stage.

dwmgcs

My Superchips programmer doesn't even have that option and mine works fine although it's behind a manual trans.

Yeah, I don't recall seeing an option for that on my Superchips either, never even thought about it, didn't see a need, must be either just the ProCal or the newer JK's.

dwmgcs

eh... I think Overlander and the others are correct. The rubi transfer case is a 4:1 low while the old TC is a 2.72:1 low. I think that will affect your shifting when you put that thing in 4LO...

EDIT - I can see how it wouldn't in 4HI as both TCs have a 1:1 ratio in that stage.

Mine sure seems to shift fine in 4 lo and even with it in 4hi with the Rubicrawler in 2.72, which would be 4lo normally in a sport or X, it works great and it's been put to the test wheelin hard at Tillamook just last weekend.

Mine sure seems to shift fine in 4 lo and even with it in 4hi with the Rubicrawler in 2.72, which would be 4lo normally in a sport or X, it works great and it's been put to the test wheelin hard at Tillamook just last weekend.

Are you confusing the "Rubicrawler" box with the 4.0:1 T-Case found in a Rubicon? Two totally different animals.

dwmgcs

Are you confusing the "Rubicrawler" box with the 4.0:1 T-Case found in a Rubicon? Two totally different animals.

Nope, I put in a RockTrac t-case out of a rubicon and a Rubicrawler at the same time, love all the gear choices especially the 2lo 2.72, didn't think I would actually use them but i have used them all even the 10.88 going over an almost vertical drop off.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I know I'm digging up an old thread, but just to clarify, if I have a '14 Sport, and drop in a Roc Trac transfer case, all I need to do is program with my Procal?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have a Procal and I don't see anything on the documentation about the T-Case, does any one know if AEV upgrades your procal? Or do you have to buy a new one if you decide to swap?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I have a Procal and I don't see anything on the documentation about the T-Case, does any one know if AEV upgrades your procal? Or do you have to buy a new one if you decide to swap?

How old is your procal? They just released the one with the tcase swap a year or so ago. Changes are you just need a newer one. Factory reset yours and sell it abs you won't be far off

Top Bottom