Where did you mount you Warn winch wireless receiver?

K.D.C.H

Hey everyone

Where did you mount you Warn winch wireless receiver?

Thanks

Tran

It's wireless so why not just put it in your glovebox, center console or store it in with the rest of you're warn gear.

I have the Powerplant so I have the plug in controller. If in not in the trail I keep the my cloves, airline, gauge and controller all together in the storage compartment in the back. When I'm on the trail I'll put the bag under the drivers seat.

Grubbicon

It's wireless so why not just put it in your glovebox, center console
Id go with one of these right here. I threw mine in the glovebox but I usually just use the wire remote because the delay in the wireless remote drives me crazy.

cuongdyna

It the receiver not the remote. That I was talking about.

Just trying to find a good place to mount it.

Attachments

• 1429230005680.jpg
    1429230005680.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 57

Wardell

Which winch are you talking about? A Zeon Platinum? Or, one of the other winches with their wireless control system add on?

For the Platinum winches, the receiver is built into the control pack. It comes bolted to the top of the winch, but if you really want you can buy one of their relocation kits and move the control pack under the hood or anywhere the cable will reach. I actually just ordered a Zeon Platinum, but I'm going to leave the control pack on the top of the winch.

If you mean one of their other winches with their wireless control system, the receiver just plugs into the same port that the normal corded remote plugs into. I don't think you can really relocate that unless you move the whole control pack (like the Zeon example).

That said, I think you may have meant the remote and not the receiver. I'd probably just keep my remote in the bag with the rest of my recovery gear, since I'd have to take out a clevis and a tree saver, etc from there any time I need to use the winch anyway.

Edit - question was answered while I was typing... I'd probably mount that under the hood, or maybe inside the bumper if you have room. You might want to try a few spots though just to make sure it doesn't hurt the reception.

Last edited:
Top Bottom