Mod a stock JK track bar?

BumblebeeZA

Would it be possible to DIY a stock track bar to be adjustable?
I ordered a new track bar yesterday, so when my new on goes in, I want to experiment with my old track bar.

Look at the idea I have in the image below, your comments will be appreciated.

TB Mod.JPG

Last edited:
Would it be possible to DIY a stock track bar to be adjustable?
I ordered a new track bar yesterday, so when my new on goes in, I want to experiment with my old track bar.

Look at the idea I have in the image below, your comments will be appreciated.

View attachment 137848

The only issue I can see is your weakest point is going to be where you cut and thread the trackbar.

I am not metallurgist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

BumblebeeZA

I bought a stock one again, but am looking at getting an adjustable TB soon, just thought, I have a spare now and willing to experiment.
But so far thanks for all the input guys.

We have a fitter and turner at work, Ill do some CAD drawings for the guy and see if he can do some magic for me, it will be interesting if it works :yup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Not sure this is something I'd want to experiment with. Good luck with your project👍

BumblebeeZA

We have the adjustable here for the RHD, almost bought one but just a little pricey, so I bought a stock one, in the next couple of months Ill get one though.
So for now, I went ahead and bought a new stock one from Jeep.

But now that I have my old one which I dont mind messing with, I was planing on this project, get new bushes moudled with polyurethane then cut and thread the bar.
Maybe I should reinforce the joint where the adjustment takes place, but this will all be a experiment to see if its is possible.

If it comes out a flop, it goes to the bin :yup:

Top Bottom