Tow hitch with PSC BFH rear bumper

Jackal01

I haven't found anything poking around online but I wanted to see if any company here offers/anyone has made a tow hitch that works with the bumper I have. Since the rear BFH requires cutting of the cross-member and frame rails significantly I do not know if there is another option. I still have my factory muffler so that would be changed/moved of course.

JokerJKU

I haven't found anything poking around online but I wanted to see if any company here offers/anyone has made a tow hitch that works with the bumper I have. Since the rear BFH requires cutting of the cross-member and frame rails significantly I do not know if there is another option. I still have my factory muffler so that would be changed/moved of course.

I'm in the same boat. I did the same searching and eventually found someone that had frenched a receiver hitch into the upper portion of the BFH and reconstructed something of a crossmember behind the bumper to support it. I just tried to track it down as I thought I'd saved it but can't find it. I've held off doing anything because I don't want to fabricate a receiver only to have it interfere with the EvoLever when it goes in so I'll likely have both of those done at the same time sometime over the summer.

Only other option I've seen is the Crawler Conceptz version of the BFH that does have a receiver hitch built in. No clue how it's supported or what its rated for. Think its called the Skinny Series or something like that. I didn't like it because the receiver is built into the lower half of the bumper, which seems to defeat the purpose of the design in some ways.

Jackal01

I'm in the same boat. I did the same searching and eventually found someone that had frenched a receiver hitch into the upper portion of the BFH and reconstructed something of a crossmember behind the bumper to support it. I just tried to track it down as I thought I'd saved it but can't find it. I've held off doing anything because I don't want to fabricate a receiver only to have it interfere with the EvoLever when it goes in so I'll likely have both of those done at the same time sometime over the summer.

Only other option I've seen is the Crawler Conceptz version of the BFH that does have a receiver hitch built in. No clue how it's supported or what its rated for. Think its called the Skinny Series or something like that. I didn't like it because the receiver is built into the lower half of the bumper, which seems to defeat the purpose of the design in some ways.

I think I saw that one, too. It looks similar to the BFH except it has the hitch. I guess I will go that route if nothing else is available but I would almost rather have someone fab something for me as long as it is rated for what I need it for.

Top Bottom