Enforcer 3" or 4"

LHenryJk14

I've been looking and reading getting read to pull the pin on a lift. My question is if I use the 3" springs with flat fenders do you guys think it's possible to run 37" tires?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes, possible. Here is mine with 3" plush ride and 37" at ride height.

Attachments

• 1429300995683.jpg
    1429300995683.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 278

JP Girl

Personal preference really, I like the lcg. 3" springs, 3" bump stops up front, 2.5" stops in back , drag link flip kit and the long bilstein shocks.

Are the bump stops required with the 3" Enforcer lift? (I'm planning on ordering this one soon as well with the drag link flip kit and 5100 Bilsteins) or just a personal preference?

Thanks!

olram30

Are the bump stops required with the 3" Enforcer lift? (I'm planning on ordering this one soon as well with the drag link flip kit and 5100 Bilsteins) or just a personal preference?

Thanks!

You need 3" up front for the dlf. Rear was for extra up travel. With 37" tires, you'll have to trim metal up front and rear. How people put 2" bump stops is crazy, that's a lot of trimming. My tires touch the grill already at full bump and wheels locked with 3" and hit the upper support.

Attachments

• 1429303409576.jpg
    1429303409576.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 1429303434968.jpg
    1429303434968.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 1429303465283.jpg
    1429303465283.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 263

JP Girl

You need 3" up front for the dlf. Rear was for extra up travel. With 37" tires, you'll have to trim metal up front and rear. How people put 2" bump stops is crazy, that's a lot of trimming. My tires touch the grill already at full bump and wheels locked with 3" and hit the upper support.

Perfect, thanks! This will be added to my "shopping list". I won't be running 37's, rather 35's, but I know from my last Jeep that only had 33's that it made a difference! Do you recommend a brand?

olram30

Perfect, thanks! This will be added to my "shopping list". I won't be running 37's, rather 35's, but I know from my last Jeep that only had 33's that it made a difference! Do you recommend a brand?

I have nitto trail grapplers on the dozer, I'm planning on putting those 35" bfg ko2 on our white jeep. Live in Wyoming and kind of want a winter tire and they look like a great tire.
Also, I'm not putting nothing more that a spacer lift for the 35" tires on the white jeep.

Last edited:

JP Girl

I have nitto trail grapplers on the dozer, I'm planning on putting those 35" bfg ko2 on our white jeep. Live in Wyoming and kind of want a winter tire and they look like a great tire.

Sorry, I meant brand for the bump stops... There's a ton out there! But now that you mention tires, I've been going back and fourth about Nitto Trail Grapplers vs BFG m/t. Living in WI we get a ton of snow too and the BFG Ko2's are awesome in the snow. Way better than the BFG m/t's I've always had. Do the Nittos handle well in snow? I was actually looking at the 315's vs 35's (as recommended on here because they have a D rating).

Thanks!

Generally speaking, your bump stop should increase to match the size of your lift.

Edit: olram beat me to it

olram30

Sorry, I meant brand for the bump stops... There's a ton out there! But now that you mention tires, I've been going back and fourth about Nitto Trail Grapplers vs BFG m/t. Living in WI we get a ton of snow too and the BFG Ko2's are awesome in the snow. Way better than the BFG m/t's I've always had. Do the Nittos handle well in snow? I was actually looking at the 315's vs 35's (as recommended on here because they have a D rating).

Oh, bump stops. Well, I gave metal cloak a try for the front. They sent me a box of hockey pucks with holes punched in them. 80 bucks for 15 bucks worth of sporting goods equipment. Kind of got ripped off. The rear I had some Rubicon express laying around.
As far as tires, 315 are larger than advertised 35" tires. 315 measure about 34.5", my nitto measure about 35.5". So they are about one inch smaller than a 37" tire. Advertised 35" measure around 33.5". But almost every 35" is e rated.

Jeepfan30

Do you run stock rear arms, or adjustable to move the axle back a bit?

olram30

Do you run stock rear arms, or adjustable to move the axle back a bit?

Just adjustable front lowers. Pretty much all you need. I have nemisis front shock relocation brackets also. To keep the shock body away from the frame.

Jeepfan30

Just adjustable front lowers. Pretty much all you need. I have nemisis front shock relocation brackets also. To keep the shock body away from the frame.

Good to know, thanks. I have all stock arms in the rear too and pinion angle seems to be fine and wheels have plenty of clearance.

Jeepfan30

Oh, bump stops. Well, I gave metal cloak a try for the front. They sent me a box of hockey pucks with holes punched in them. 80 bucks for 15 bucks worth of sporting goods equipment. Kind of got ripped off. The rear I had some Rubicon express laying around.
As far as tires, 315 are larger than advertised 35" tires. 315 measure about 34.5", my nitto measure about 35.5". So they are about one inch smaller than a 37" tire. Advertised 35" measure around 33.5". But almost every 35" is e rated.

I have Metalcloak bump stops front and rear too. Nice thing is they are adjustable if you ever get bigger tires or different fenders, longer shocks, or drag link flip kit. They are expensive for what they are, but last ones you'll probably have to buy since they work with any configuration.

Top Bottom