Leveling and disconnects?

LasVegasJK

If I was to install a leveling kit, would I need (or should) change sway bar end links? I should just install some disconnects while I have my tools out, right? Or no.
Was thinking about an EVO leveling kit.
2015 JKU, non Rubicon.

Napalm

If I was to install a leveling kit, would I need (or should) change sway bar end links? I should just install some disconnects while I have my tools out, right? Or no.
Was thinking about an EVO leveling kit.
2015 JKU, non Rubicon.

You won't NEED them for the EVO level. But, why not?

LasVegasJK

×2^^^^ quick discos dont hurt even w/o a lift. If youve got some free cash id do it for sure.

JKS, I'm going to research them. I know there are a few different companies, but I've seen more good reviews for JKS than any others.

Thanks.

xrocknrollx

How do you secure the sway bar when it's disconnected? My last jeep I just removed the entire unit and threw it in the trash.

On my tj I made a mount to hold it up when disconnected, but I also had friends that would zip tie out of the way every trail run.

LasVegasJK

On my tj I made a mount to hold it up when disconnected, but I also had friends that would zip tie out of the way every trail run.

Thanks. I doesn't look like the JKS Quick disco comes with a bracket. I'll have to snoop around under the front end and see what I can secure it to.

Ah2014jk

While running the risk of being slammed here...... Rubicon express makes a set that you pull two pins and the whole like comes off to throw in the back

LasVegasJK

Yup, RC does too. Im running them and so far so good. The brackets to secure to sure make it nice. Time will tell if they hold up.

I ordered the JKS last night. I didn't order the leveling kit yet. Couple more questions.
Do I need to extend bump stops for a minimal amount of lift? And will the brake lines be ok? I'm pry not going to do any insane rock crawling, but I do live in the desert and I did buy it to use it.

I ordered the JKS last night. I didn't order the leveling kit yet. Couple more questions.
Do I need to extend bump stops for a minimal amount of lift? And will the brake lines be ok? I'm pry not going to do any insane rock crawling, but I do live in the desert and I did buy it to use it.

Brakelines will be fine. Depending on what size life you do go with, you may need brakeline drop brackets. The pupose of you bumpstops is to keep from over compressing springs and shocks causing damage. Also in situations where your running taller tires, the bump stops can prevent fender rub as well. Its really gonna depend on which lift/level kit you chose. Bumps are cheap. You can even make your own outta hockey pucks.

LasVegasJK

Brakelines will be fine. Depending on what size life you do go with, you may need brakeline drop brackets. The pupose of you bumpstops is to keep from over compressing springs and shocks causing damage. Also in situations where your running taller tires, the bump stops can prevent fender rub as well. Its really gonna depend on which lift/level kit you chose. Bumps are cheap. You can even make your own outta hockey pucks.

Thanks again. I'm gonna do the EVO leveling kit. Staying with stock(rubicon) wheels/tires.

Top Bottom