Brake Slip?

Rryanstauffer

Hey everybody,

I have some brake slipping going on and im not as knowledgable as you guys so I could use some help! Lately as I am coming to a stop, usually only in a parking spot, I am pushing on the brakes and I feel it slip and i have to push on the brakes harder to get it to stop...

I am not sure what to do or how worried I should be.... please help!

jeeeep

Hooked
if you changed lines, sounds like you still have air in the system - I'd bleed the brakes again 1st.

if that doesn't solve it, check your caliper pistons, you may have one sticking, leaking or possibly a caliper loose.

you're going to have to take the wheels off and do a visual with someone stepping on the brakes to check for a sticking piston

Last edited:

Rryanstauffer

Great I will need to take the wheels off and check. But no I haven't changd the lines at all. What exactly will I be looking for?

It hurts me to say it but I did put in bb pucks with brake line extensions for the rears but that was about a year ago and the problem is just now showing itself

jeeeep

Hooked
Great I will need to take the wheels off and check. But no I haven't changd the lines at all. What exactly will I be looking for?

It hurts me to say it but I did put in bb pucks with brake line extensions for the rears but that was about a year ago and the problem is just now showing itself

x2 what Olram said. if the res is low, look for signs of leaking around the hose fittings, bleeder valve or in case of the caliper it will show up wet around the piston. Also, if you added brake line extensions check the tubing, there may be a crack where it's leaking.

It's better to use a longer brake line hose versus extension brackets.

When was the last time you changed the brake pads? are they worn out?

Rryanstauffer

I will have to get the wheels off this afternoon and have a look around... the res is full and clean with no signs of leaking... also this may or may not be related but my tps has been going off about once a month... may not be related but wortg stating.

I will take the wheels off and have a looksy but brake pads havent been changed tp my knowledge ever.... about 70,000 miles on her

jeeeep

Hooked
I will have to get the wheels off this afternoon and have a look around... the res is full and clean with no signs of leaking... also this may or may not be related but my tps has been going off about once a month... may not be related but wortg stating.

I will take the wheels off and have a looksy but brake pads havent been changed tp my knowledge ever.... about 70,000 miles on her

it would, if your tpms is going off you may have a faulty one triggering and that would give you the effect of brake fade since if only one is trying to activate...

Top Bottom