Drag link flip

Ah2014jk

This may sound like a very amateur question but at what lift height is a drag link flip really needed ?

boardsurfer

I've been driving for 3 months now on a 3 inch lift without one. Tomorrow I'll know exactly how much difference it makes.

The guys at Trail Jeeps were pretty clear that they wouldn't drive a lifted jeep without it so I took their advice to solve my shimmy/wobble problems. We'll see.

To answer your question, 3 inches and up is the general rule.

taher2.1

I've been driving for 3 months now on a 3 inch lift without one. Tomorrow I'll know exactly how much difference it makes.

The guys at Trail Jeeps were pretty clear that they wouldn't drive a lifted jeep without it so I took their advice to solve my shimmy/wobble problems. We'll see.

Second that. Sooner or later you have to for 3 inch lift. Sooner is better

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
3" and up, corrects roll center, fixes bump steer, centers axle and relocates your steering stabilizer to a better location.

t8er

3.5" lift and I did the drag link flip. Totally worth it. My buddy drove our jeeps back to back and is now going I need to do that.

So with a 1,75 inch leveling kit there is no need of such thing?

If drag link is changed, is there other parts that has to be changed at the same time to make it work correct?

I´ve ordered a 1,75 inch lift for the front andf 0,75 inch for the rear, is there anything I should take into consideration?

I´ve ordered breaklines brackets but besides that nothing more than the tiny little lift. ( Going to buy 275*70*18 tire = 33 inch, thats the reason for the little lift )

best regards

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

It won't fix a wobble.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
So with a 1,75 inch leveling kit there is no need of such thing?

If drag link is changed, is there other parts that has to be changed at the same time to make it work correct?

I´ve ordered a 1,75 inch lift for the front andf 0,75 inch for the rear, is there anything I should take into consideration?

I´ve ordered breaklines brackets but besides that nothing more than the tiny little lift. ( Going to buy 275*70*18 tire = 33 inch, thats the reason for the little lift )

best regards

No. Another reason why it's recommended at 3 inches of lift or higher is that under that you won't have enough lift for everything to clear. By flipping it, it gets closer to the frame. So you need lift to put distance between it and the frame.

Thanks for the info mudmobeeler.

It will be nice to get rid of the rake and call it a day. Good thing with tiny lift is that it does not get complicated.

By the way, I just relized I highjacket the thread and sorry for that but I felt in was related to first post.

Best regards

boardsurfer

As a follow up, the flip made a huge difference. And I think wobble was probably the wrong term for what I was experiencing - shimmy was accurate, bump steer as well. Really glad I did it, Jeep tracks much smoother on the road with bumps, and a lot more calm on the highway.

Top Bottom