Evo high clearance long arm question.

jeeper52

LOSER
Im in the middle of cutting off all the stock control arm brackets for the Evo high clearance long arm. My question is, on the front upper and lower stock control arm mounts how much do they need to be trimmed to clear/fit the new arms and brackets. Here is where im at now before i clean it up. Im trying to avoid getting to close to the frame so if i dont have to cut anymore it would be great. Unfortunately i dont have the new mounts on hand yet so i cant tell how much further to go. Please let me know,thanks!

Attachments

• 1429331150124.jpg
    1429331150124.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 306
  • 1429331323522.jpg
    1429331323522.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 307
Not sure if you can see it in this picture. The top ones will be ok but I think you need to take the bottom ones closer to the frame. I used a sawzall on mine.....came right off! IMG_1341.jpg

Yes i have already cut those off. I just need to clean up upper part.

Are you welding them in or having a shop do them? I didn't do these brackets to begin with because I am not smart enough and like to spend money the second time around:doh:. I recently purchased them from ORE and the brackets for the axle. I was going to take the rig down to ORE and have them do it this week but ran into ECM issues a few weeks ago. Ive got that fixed now, just have to find the time to drive the 10 hours to ORE. I am not smart enough to tackle that project.

jeeper52

LOSER
Are you welding them in or having a shop do them? I didn't do these brackets to begin with because I am not smart enough and like to spend money the second time around:doh:. I recently purchased them from ORE and the brackets for the axle. I was going to take the rig down to ORE and have them do it this week but ran into ECM issues a few weeks ago. Ive got that fixed now, just have to find the time to drive the 10 hours to ORE. I am not smart enough to tackle that project.

yeah i decided to take it on myself. So far so good. Im have a professional handle the welding on the long arms and rear lever as well as the dtd front tower.

Attachments

• 20150405_141049.jpg
    20150405_141049.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 288
yeah i decided to take it on myself. So far so good. Im have a professional handle the welding on the long arms and rear lever as well as the dtd front tower.

Nice. i love the supports.
One thing I wished someone would have told me upfront was to change out the tranny crossmember while I was at it. Its only a hundred bucks from PSC. A lot beefier than stock and should last whatever you throw at it. I bought one after the fact. Went to put it in and realized the bolts that go through it and hold the new front brackets in, the bolts won't come out now. I will have to cut them off and get longer ones and feed them in the opposite direction. I am sure that Eddie, Mel and Greg are running one on their rigs. Just a sugestion.

jeeper52

LOSER
Nice. i love the supports.
One thing I wished someone would have told me upfront was to change out the tranny crossmember while I was at it. Its only a hundred bucks from PSC. A lot beefier than stock and should last whatever you throw at it. I bought one after the fact. Went to put it in and realized the bolts that go through it and hold the new front brackets in, the bolts won't come out now. I will have to cut them off and get longer ones and feed them in the opposite direction. I am sure that Eddie, Mel and Greg are running one on their rigs. Just a sugestion.

Cool man ill do that, thanks for the input:thumb:

dyn0mitemat

Are those home made stands or what? And how did you get it up there? That's giving me some ideas for my garage since I can't fit a lift.... :yup:

jeeper52

LOSER
Are those home made stands or what? And how did you get it up there? That's giving me some ideas for my garage since I can't fit a lift.... :yup:

yeah i had the same problem. I couldn't fit a lift but these are the next best. They lift all the way up to 47". Right now its about 36" off the ground. Getting it up there is the sketchy part. I used a standard jack and stacked railroad ties to lift it.

jesse3638

Hooked
yeah i had the same problem. I couldn't fit a lift but these are the next best. They lift all the way up to 47". Right now its about 36" off the ground. Getting it up there is the sketchy part. I used a standard jack and stacked railroad ties to lift it.

And I thought lifting mine up onto the 12 ton stands I have was sketchy. Laying on my back cutting all those brackets off sure was fun..haha. I'm OCD so I cut and ground mine off completely flush then sanded, masked, primed and painted all bare metal. I'm also running Full Traction's LA lift and I believe it required them to be completely removed.

jeeper52

LOSER
Does this look a little better?

Attachments

• 20150418_173444.jpg
    20150418_173444.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 20150418_173433.jpg
    20150418_173433.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 208
  • 1429400221710.jpg
    1429400221710.jpg