Rock Krawler lift

jkwebbie

So I was planning on getting the Rock Krawler 2.5 inch X Factor lift kit but just recently have heard bad things regarding the 1 inch that the rear axle is pushed back. I'm kind of weary on getting it now. Has anyone had any luck with the lift? And how have you fixed the problems with the axle being pushed back? I recently emailed Rock Krawler to see what they say about it buttttt it being the weekend, I figured I wont get an answer until sometime Monday (hopefully). So what do you guys think?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Have you looked at other lifts? If you just want to get 35s under your rig I suggest a 1.75" Daystar front spacer and chopping your fenders. Youngfire did it to her rig and it worked great. 1429404019405.jpg
Another option is Rancho's 2" sport system. I ran that on my 09 sport and had plenty of room to spare with the 33s that were on it. (I'll have to dig up a photo for you. Can't find any right now)

jkwebbie

Have you looked at other lifts? If you just want to get 35s under your rig I suggest a 1.75" Daystar front spacer and chopping your fenders. Youngfire did it to her rig and it worked great. View attachment 138165
Another option is Rancho's 2" sport system. I ran that on my 09 sport and had plenty of room to spare with the 33s that were on it. (I'll have to dig up a photo for you. Can't find any right now)

I've looked into the EVO 3 inch lift and Tereflex 3 inch lift. I'm not really wanting a coil spacer lift, I'm wanting more flex lol

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have the 3.5 inch X-factor lift. The 1 inch stretch is alright for that much lift, but I really think the stretch is only really needed for their 5.5 inch lifts. I only went with this lift because my stock 2007 suspension was pretty worn out and I wanted to replace it all. On a side note, the RK trackbar brackets are weak and I would recommend using another brand that uses U-bolts for mounting.

Overall, I really like the lift with a few modifications. Here's what mine looks like for comparison.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429408130.101809.jpg
Sorry it's not exactly from the side, but that's what I have on my phone from earlier today.

jkwebbie

I have the 3.5 inch X-factor lift. The 1 inch stretch is alright for that much lift, but I really think the stretch is only really needed for their 5.5 inch lifts. I only went with this lift because my stock 2007 suspension was pretty worn out and I wanted to replace it all. On a side note, the RK trackbar brackets are weak and I would recommend using another brand that uses U-bolts for mounting.

Overall, I really like the lift with a few modifications. Here's what mine looks like for comparison.
View attachment 138190
Sorry it's not exactly from the side, but that's what I have on my phone from earlier today.

Thanks for the heads up man! And your Jeep looks good! And what brackets do you have for your track bar?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the heads up man! And your Jeep looks good! And what brackets do you have for your track bar?

After my front RK bracket failed, replaced it (and the rear RK bracket) with the EVO trackbar brackets. Here are the write-ups I did for an idea of what the brackets look like and how to install them.

Threads:
EVO rear trackbar bracket: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?25507-Replacing-RK-rear-trackbar-bracket-with-EVO

EVO front trackbar bracket:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24868-Another-cause-of-Death-wobble

*Its much easy to install the front bracket if you don't break off the OEM one first like I did.

Note: If you call EVO, they will break-up there dragline flip kit and let you buy just the front trackbar bracket AND the hardware to install it.

-Matt

tyscty

We surprised our son after his graduation from basic training (it's why he was bald) with AEV's 3.5" SC DS lift and 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on his 08 JK. It was like driving a brand new jeep. His mom wanted to throw in some PSC fenders also. Sorry no side shots but you can see how much clearance there is.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429456402.088478.jpg

Top Bottom