C guesset question

toxicwaste29

I have a d30 and will be running 35's. I have everything else lined up except my gussets. I was going to run only upper since Im changing to a pr44 in a year or two and also I hear that is the main issue. Is there a difference in gussets that would make me chose one style over another. Im seeing one style which is like a solid block of steel and it gets welded that the first pic then the other style that slips over the c and then gets welded.

rk03391_1.jpg

SYN8012-02.jpg

OJK12

I agree with overlander do both sides. I've run both kinds and the only advantage of the solid ones are that nothing gets behind them to start rusting but the outer ones overall are much nicer and easier to weld on. I'm not sure but I think you could potentially overheat and warp the C's with the solid ones of not careful and take your time welding.

toxicwaste29

I only was going to do uppers because Ive read a couple times that the uppers are the ones with issues; the lowers are thick enough. I could be reading from bad sources however.

K.D.C.H

Why would you just do uppers? Are axles not allowed to bend downward?

:cheesy: didn't we just get into this discussion about a month ago with another guy :doh:

I have a d30 and will be running 35's. I have everything else lined up except my gussets. I was going to run only upper since Im changing to a pr44 in a year or two and also I hear that is the main issue. Is there a difference in gussets that would make me chose one style over another. Im seeing one style which is like a solid block of steel and it gets welded that the first pic then the other style that slips over the c and then gets welded.

Couple things, when you say you have everything else lined up except gussets what are the other things you're talking about?

You may be changing to a PR44 in a year or two but why half ass the protection in the mean time? There's a reason why they sell uppers AND lowers and not just uppers. I'm interested to see what your reason is for only wanting to do the uppers?

I recommend these http://www.offroadevolution.com/sto...TS&PHPSESSID=32ec85f24a0bed32e3084749f7f8ebc2

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
It's my opinion that the EVO gussets are stronger than a single piece of steel cut from cold rolled sheet metal. Just like a piece of rectangular tubing is stronger than a piece of flat bar.

Eugene the Jeep

I just installed the evo c's and the lower one's are easier to install then the uppers. Took about 4 hours to complete both sides upper and lowers. If you get the evo one's make sure you read the instructions and check out YouTube for installation videos

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

K.D.C.H

I only was going to do uppers because Ive read a couple times that the uppers are the ones with issues; the lowers are thick enough. I could be reading from bad sources however.

So the majority of that energy will now be transferred to the lower which has no gusset, doesn't seem like a great idea to me :thinking: Also think about this, what happens is something happens between now and 2 years and you can no longer get that PR44 you wanted but now your lowers are messed up :doh:

OJK12

So the majority of that energy will now be transferred to the lower which has no gusset, doesn't seem like a great idea to me :thinking: Also think about this, what happens is something happens between now and 2 years and you can no longer get that PR44 you wanted but now your lowers are messed up :doh:

That's a really good point!!

toxicwaste29

Alight all Ill do both uppers and lowers it isnt a big deal just wasn't sure if it was something that needed done or not. Northridge only shows an artec or synergy. The artec is 1/4" and the synergy is 3/16". My welder goes up to 1/4" so should I get the 1/4" or the 3/16" so Im not stretching it?

K.D.C.H

Alight all Ill do both uppers and lowers it isnt a big deal just wasn't sure if it was something that needed done or not.

Yes it's needed, that's why they sell them as uppers and lowers and not just uppers

Northridge only shows an artec or synergy. The artec is 1/4" and the synergy is 3/16". My welder goes up to 1/4" so should I get the 1/4" or the 3/16" so Im not stretching it?

Just ask Northridge for the EVO ones or call EVO themselves and they can send them to you.

Top Bottom