Thinking of Rhino Lining MY JKU

xflstl

As the title states, I am thinking of having my JKU professionally Rhino lined or possibly Line-x. Interior and exterior, I know I want to get the best coating they have and I know that the UV resistant stuff is what I need. Any other advise? Warning's ?

Clem319

It's hard to clean and fades. I know that. Every truck I've ever had has been spray lined and they end up looking crappy after a year or so because of dirt and fading. Seems like a lot of work to me.

mds22

As the title states, I am thinking of having my JKU professionally Rhino lined or possibly Line-x. Interior and exterior, I know I want to get the best coating they have and I know that the UV resistant stuff is what I need. Any other advise? Warning's ?

What's something like that cost? Inside and out?

Dubzy

I have seen them done and think it looks pretty cool. I want to do the interior myself. It adds a ton of weight to the vehicle, just something else to consider.

xflstl

Not bad, I thought it would be more. Closer to 6k. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

I'm still on the fence. My biggest concern is the fading issue. However both line-x and Rhino say they can prevent it.

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm still on the fence. My biggest concern is the fading issue. However both line-x and Rhino say they can prevent it.

that's what the dealer here told my buddy, he runs with the top off pretty much all year so had the interior done and regrets doing it.

it's a PIA to clean - after he got in the mud it's not come clean again and faded in the Texas sun over just one summer.

I talked to another dealer at a Jeep show and asked about the weight add-on, they told me about 50-60 lbs when done.

what kind of no-fade guarantee are they offering?

xflstl

that's what the dealer here told my buddy, he runs with the top off pretty much all year so had the interior done and regrets doing it.

it's a PIA to clean - after he got in the mud it's not come clean again and faded in the Texas sun over just one summer.

I talked to another dealer at a Jeep show and asked about the weight add-on, they told me about 50-60 lbs when done.

what kind of no-fade guarantee are they offering?

I've got no guarantee as yet, just verbal discussion and so on. Still in the process of talking to different shops in my area. The line-x guy I talked to was a real prick , and acted like he didn't really want to do it. I've got several more shops both Rhino and line-x to talk to. I won't get anything done unless I'm completely confident in the shop and get some sort of guarantee.

Has anyone had experience with the Kevlar coating? Very similar to line-x or rhino.

I would be surprised if anyone says it won't fade. Now they may say for a time period but it will fade.

mds22

Guy I talked to with it claims it adds 250+ pounds (exterior only)
Also that: yes it will fade but line-x offer a warranty that if it does they will fix it. (Don't get this part, what do they do add a coat, more weight?)

jedg

This is what I'm doing my interior with. :thumb:

We have monstaliner inside our YJ tub. We put it in just over two years ago and it sees plenty of sunshine (the top is rarely on). No fading (it is tan though so that may help) and it's easy to clean in my experience. It's not as textured as spray-on stuff, this was rolled on. No chips or peeling either. Just labor intensive to apply, lots of prep work.

xflstl

We have monstaliner inside our YJ tub. We put it in just over two years ago and it sees plenty of sunshine (the top is rarely on). No fading (it is tan though so that may help) and it's easy to clean in my experience. It's not as textured as spray-on stuff, this was rolled on. No chips or peeling either. Just labor intensive to apply, lots of prep work.

I've read alot and talked to a good number of people, everyone agrees prep work is the biggest key to a decent coating. If I decide to do this, the custom jeep shop that has done a good deal of work on my jeep has offered to do the prep work. They have had many of there custom jeeps sprayed, although only the interior.

I've read alot and talked to a good number of people, everyone agrees prep work is the biggest key to a decent coating. If I decide to do this, the custom jeep shop that has done a good deal of work on my jeep has offered to do the prep work. They have had many of there custom jeeps sprayed, although only the interior.

What shop do you go to? I am from Polk City (about 15 min from you), and I am looking for a good shop for Jeeps! Thanks!

xflstl

What shop do you go to? I am from Polk City (about 15 min from you), and I am looking for a good shop for Jeeps! Thanks!

Not sure I can post the name they are not a WOL vendor. However they are in Eau Claire WI. So it's a good distance away.

Top Bottom