Smittybilt SRC generation 2 bumper

ljvsnyder

Well I finally received and installed my Smittybilt SRC Gen 2 front bumper. In my opinion easiest mod to date. Product came packaged in a heavy duty box I could use as a casket and wrapped in some type of foam wrap and bubble wrap. Only had one issue with install either I stripped the nut on the driver side while installing or the nut was bad to begin with. Simple tap and good as gold. Discounting that time total install time was little less than 1 hour using hand tools and light duty cordless impact wrench. The instructions say to drill out the bumper holes and to drill a hole in the crash bar below. I can say on my 2013 this is not necessary. The 1/2' bit went straight through without doing anything and the crash bar bolt hole already exist. I assume there was some change to the design to allow that to work, and no one told the technical writers. The bumper also came with brackets for aftermarket fog lights. I did not need them as I am running the stock fogs. My only two issues I have and one is specific with this bumper is the fact that the fogs stick out of the buckets a little more than I like. The second and applies to most if not all the bumper manufacturers and that is the lack of a routing mechanism for off road lights. a simple hole in the tube work or at least a hole in the top plate to run the wire through.

Interesting thing when I took this photo google goggles picked it up as a bar code.

ljvsnyder

they are not jw speaker's but at less than 1/2 the price well worth it. I believe i posted a thread here 75 watt led headlights, or just search my post.

Top Bottom