Edelbrock Supercharger Dyno

Sixrox

Edelbrock Supercharger has been installed and placed on the Dyno. Stock results were ~ 203HP and 195lbs of Torque. Post Dyno numbers using the supplied Edelbrock Tune was ~275HP and 250lbs of Torque. Both of these tests were on 35" tires and 4.88 Gearing. A custom tuner is coming in to modify the tune to see what results can be achieved.

Last edited:

toxicwaste29

How much would that run you? I think you can get a sweet LSX for about 10k making 600hp but how costly is the rest?

I had it figured out to roughly 15k with me doing the work myself and buying no special ls motor. I mean its a jeep and could use some help but it isnt a race car so around 400hp is way enough.

Sixrox

From what I understand Edelbrocks test was on a Stock Jeep. We 'hope' with the custom tune to increase the numbers a decent amount. I think price point is the driving force. I was able to swing the SC with Ultimate Dana 60's for the price of just a V8 motor swap. Doing a V8 I would still need the axles so it becomes a much larger overall expense. This was more the middle ground I suppose.

We don't want to Dyno the Jeep with the Dana 60s and 40s which is why the Dyno was done now.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Everyone who says "just toss in a v8" isn't measuring apples with apples. This mod is $5500. Downsides IMO are unknown drive ability and long term reliability SO FAR. as more owners buy it, maybe it will prove itself. $5500 for 50 wheel hp and 60 ft-lbs isn't unreasonable. I do believe a v8 is better but those who think you can just drop a 600hp LSX into a jk without cooling issues or other issues haven't done their research. Add in the cost of a transmission, the Motech parts, new hydro asst parts, custom exhaust, and transfer case and you're looking at a bill north of $20k.

Last edited:

Spudcannons

Everyone who says "just toss in a v8" isn't measuring apples with apples. This mod is $5500. Downsides IMO are unknown drive ability and long term reliability SO FAR. as more owners buy it, maybe it will prove itself. $5500 for 50 wheel hp and 60 ft-lbs isn't unreasonable. I do believe a v8 is better but those who think you can just drop a 600hp LSX into a jk without cooling issues or other issues haven't done their research. Add in the cost of a transmission, the Motech parts, new hydro asst parts, custom exhaust, and transfer case and you're looking at a bill north of $20k.

Agreed! could be even more but if you have the W5A330 which can take 600 ft/lbs + with a better torque converter(used in Mercedes AMG cars, SRT8 jeep charger ect.) and is very strong, you could get away without a transmission if you don't want a manual which would be a costly swap. I think the RIPP supercharger made more power, maybe? I think it came out at 325 rwhp.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Idk, think I'd just get a programmer for $300 roughly and get almost the same bump in horsepower as the $5500 supercharger.

But that's just me.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Idk, think I'd just get a programmer for $300 roughly and get almost the same bump in horsepower as the $5500 supercharger.

But that's just me.

Which programmer would even give me 30hp at the wheels? I'll buy one right now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug

But that's just me.

If a programmer could yield real world results on the 3.6 that were truly transformative or even noticeable that would be fantastic. 30 hp is very noticeable. My guess is that what you pick up would be hardly noticeable and may be more placebo than anything else. I dont find the supercharger figures to be fantastic either but comparing a programmer to the blower is ridiculous.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
If a programmer could yield real world results on the 3.6 that were truly transformative or even noticeable that would be fantastic. 30 hp is very noticeable. My guess is that what you pick up would be hardly noticeable and may be more placebo than anything else. I dont find the supercharger figures to be fantastic either but comparing a programmer to the blower is ridiculous.

Agreed, I don't think any of the available tuners are doing anything except changing throttle mapping which is making some people feel like they are getting a hp bump.

USMCvet

Banned
Not worth it IMO for only 75 more hp and 50 torque. Id rather save quite a bit more and drop in a ls.

I agree completely. After looking at the price tag in excess of $6k plus a tuner and who knows what else, a person is halfway to a 6.2L LS swap.

Top Bottom