Limits of a JKU with EVO long arm lift and 35" beadlocks

Spudcannons

Hi guys,

I just put on my EVO long arm lift(skids and rock sliders too) and was wondering what the trail/crawling limits of a JKU with EVO long arm lift and 35" beadlocks is. I realize many things are driver limited but would like to see pictures or some advice of what is too much for the Jeep or what should be avoided.

CRZRTX

You have a pretty good setup. You should be able to do things that most JKUs with 35s can do. As you point out, the driver skills can be a limiting factor. Go out, get some more experience and show us what you can do!

TheStick

You can do about any trail out there on this setup. Maybe stay off the buggy lines, but other than that you're good.

Spudcannons

2" bumpstops that came with the 35" tire kit. I have not flexed it out connected or disconnected but will this weekend on a ramp.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
2" bumpstops that came with the 35" tire kit. I have not flexed it out connected or disconnected but will this weekend on a ramp.

I didn't know they came with 2" bump stops, good to know. Here is with 3" bump up front and 2.5" in rear with flat fenders. So, yeah it'll probably rub with 35". Plus I had to trim quite a bit of sheet metal. I'd trim the fenders and break out the grinder. This is with 37" tires. Disconnect and cycle the suspension.

Attachments

• 1429660382651.jpg
    1429660382651.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 1429660408814.jpg
    1429660408814.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 1429660549249.jpg
    1429660549249.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 355

Spudcannons

Looks like trimming them is in my future. I think the 35" kit has 2" and the 37" has 3" bumpstops. What sheet metal did you have to trim and how much?

olram30

Looks like trimming them is in my future. I think the 35" kit has 2" and the 37" has 3" bumpstops. What sheet metal did you have to trim and how much?

Some up front and more of the rear by the pinch seam. You'll see what you need when you cycle it. Don't forget to cycle at full lock also.

Spudcannons

Thanks! I saw you have the EVO protek skids, I have them but saw the website says they wont work with long arm kits. Did you do anything to make them fit or will they fit without modification?

olram30

Thanks! I saw you have the EVO protek skids, I have them but saw the website says they wont work with long arm kits. Did you do anything to make them fit or will they fit without modification?

The crossmember requires some work.

utiadam

LOSER
I didn't know they came with 2" bump stops, good to know. Here is with 3" bump up front and 2.5" in rear with flat fenders. So, yeah it'll probably rub with 35". Plus I had to trim quite a bit of sheet metal. I'd trim the fenders and break out the grinder. This is with 37" tires. Disconnect and cycle the suspension.

Not to get too off topic but I love your rig Olram30.
I would think having the long arm kit that you have very few limitations. I have the enforcer pro but haven't actually maxed out the flex yet. This picture is right after trimming the fenders and is 35" off the ground.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429664686.955690.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429664707.044271.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429664727.588419.jpg

Spudcannons

Well I might just go order flat fenders from metal cloak. I like the removable ones. The ATX slabs seem to be very popular on this forum. Does the long arm flex more than the enforcer? The site says 14" of true wheel travel which seems hard to reach without coilovers. Thanks for that cross member skid pic that will really help.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well I might just go order flat fenders from metal cloak. I like the removable ones. The ATX slabs seem to be very popular on this forum. Does the long arm flex more than the enforcer? The site says 14" of true wheel travel which seems hard to reach without coilovers. Thanks for that cross member skid pic that will really help.

Long arms don't give any flex. They are for ride quality.

olram30

Not to get too off topic but I love your rig Olram30.
I would think having the long arm kit that you have very few limitations. I have the enforcer pro but haven't actually maxed out the flex yet. This picture is right after trimming the fenders and is 35" off the ground.
Thanks, your jeep looks great also. Really nice suspension! I wish I had a lift to cycle my jeep, I have to drive to a rock near my house. Lol

olram30

So your saying a good long arm doesn't flex any better than short arms ?

Hypothetically, what if someone put long arms on a stock jeep? Would he have any increase in articulation? Or would the shocks be the limiting factor? Long arms basically just correct geometry. At least that's the way I see it.

Top Bottom