Would you recommend installing C gussets with 35’s?

NM2012CherryJK

Would you recommend installing C gussets with 35’s? Im worried about the ball joints getting over heated. Im going on a long trip to Big Bear and I don’t want to run into any problems with the ball joint. I have Synergy ball joint installed now. Thanks for the advice.

Would you recommend installing C gussets with 35’s? Im worried about the ball joints getting over heated. Im going on a long trip to Big Bear and I don’t want to run into any problems with the ball joint. I have Synergy ball joint installed now. Thanks for the advice.

It is highly recommended since the bigger tires with the weaker inner C's on a stock axle will cause them to bend. I had my inner C's gusseted when I had the ball joints replaced. As long as the welder does short sections your ball joints should be good.

R/
Will

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

Absolutely install the gussets! However, make sure a knowledgeable welder does the work. As long as they take their time laying only small beads at a time (~1" or so), and allowing some time to cool in between beads, your ball joints should be fine. If they just burn in the C-Guesset in one shot, you ball joints will get fried.

NM2012CherryJK

Okay sounds good thanks everyone for the responce, I was just worried with the ball joints and 12 hour drive. I talked to the welder and he seems to know what he was talking about. He said hes done alot of them on the JK's. Im getting them done this Friday.

Top Bottom