JKS Quiker disconnects

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Anybody use the JKS lanyards to tie up your sway bar?

I just use some adjustable straps I got from Wal Mart sporting goods section. They are quick adjusting, and pretty strong. I secured the sway bar with them, cut off the excess, and they work great. I think I paid 10 bucks total. Not sure how much the JKS ones are, but just an idea for you.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Don't you remove the entire disconnect? At least that's why I thought there were two pins on the ones I had.

LasVegasJK

I just use some adjustable straps I got from Wal Mart sporting goods section. They are quick adjusting, and pretty strong. I secured the sway bar with them, cut off the excess, and they work great. I think I paid 10 bucks total. Not sure how much the JKS ones are, but just an idea for you.

The JKS are basically the same as you did. They were $15 for the set. The only place I could find them was at the actual JKS Manufacturing website. If nothing else I figured I could use them and then give a thumbs up or down to everyone.

LasVegasJK

Teraflex has a mount where you can put the sway bar. Works well.

That will be my next option if these JKS aren't efficient. I've only heard good things about JKS, so I figured they would do what they are supposed to do.
Should be delivered by Friday. I'll post a picture of them after install.

LasVegasJK

Don't you remove the entire disconnect? At least that's why I thought there were two pins on the ones I had.

They do get entirely removed.
I think JKS should supply a storage box for them when they are removed. I've read that some people wrap them in rags, or just throw them under a seat.
My last jeep was an 81 CJ5 that was only trail worthy, so I just removed the sway bar completely and gave it away.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They do get entirely removed.
I think JKS should supply a storage box for them when they are removed. I've read that some people wrap them in rags, or just throw them under a seat.
My last jeep was an 81 CJ5 that was only trail worthy, so I just removed the sway bar completely and gave it away.

So are you asking about a bag or what?

Josh27

I just put mine under the drivers seat. And I replaced my sway bar bushings with synergy polyurethane bushings and it holds the bar tight enough I don't need anything to hold it up.

Top Bottom