Bickel Camp Fundraiser, Last Chance Cyn, El Paso Mountain Range, Mojave Deser...

mojavedave

Uncertainty...

Did you have this approved? Please refer to the rules.

I read the Rules and FAQ thread. Forgive me if I've missed something. But, the entire rules focus very much so on not selling anything, not being a company under disguise of any sort for the purpose of sales, etc., not soliciting in anyway for profit, nor sharing or promoting content along those lines. Aside from the quite honestly expected "no profanity" and family oriented rules, etc, the rules are quite specific with regards to soliciting anything, selling anything or doing anything for money other than being an actual vendor. It said nothing (that I saw) regarding the sharing of information for something positive like the efforts to preserve a particular area, in this case Bickel Camp. The only other thing I read in the rules that could be construed different than I had presumed, is the reference to not posting anything relating to competitor sites. I would definately say the "all events in" page is not a competiting site. I certainly would consider Fb a competitor site. This site is for the sole purpose of all things Jeep and the Jeeper's Wayalife. FB is not, it is a social site. All Events In is not, it is simply a mediuim for all sorts of community events announcements. So, I honestly didn't see anything potentially harmful, unnacceptable or otherwise rule breaking. I truly am sorry if I missed something here and would love to be pointed in the direction of just where it is that I posted without permission when I should have asked approval first, when I didn't realize something as simple as a not for profit fundraising event, in Last Chance Canyon near Red Rock, Ca., a Jeepers and camping haven, would be cause for alarm. Completely and genuinely asking.

Thanks,

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Can Non-Profit Organizations Participate on WAYALIFE.com?

No. We do NOT allow non-profit organizations or charities to participate on WAYALIFE.com.

Can I make posts about non-profit organizations, charities or charitable events?

No. We ask that you do NOT make ANY posts regarding non-profit organizations, charities or charitable events on WAYALIFE.com.

mojavedave

Seems pretty clear to me, is it clear to you Dave?

Well...totally missed some of that while going back at work to review. My apologies.

So I'm to understand that this site won't promote anything along these lines? I wasn't promoting a not for profit entity. I was promoting an event with which people are welcome to help out.

As for it being "clear"....

It is, exponentially so.

I'm out.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Well...totally missed some of that while going back at work to review. My apologies.

So I'm to understand that this site won't promote anything along these lines? I wasn't promoting a not for profit entity. I was promoting an event with which people are welcome to help out.

As for it being "clear"....

It is, exponentially so.

I'm out.

Sounds good. Just to be clear, any fundraiser needs to be approved by Admin, but if it's a NPO or a NFPO its a no go.

mojavedave

Sounds good. Just to be clear, any fundraiser needs to be approved by Admin, but if it's a NPO or a NFPO its a no go.

So..."some" can be approved? I really need that particular clarification because THIS is such a petty event, comparitively.

Still, rules are rules and I rushed through them so to speak.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So..."some" can be approved? I really need that particular clarification because THIS is such a petty event, comparitively.

It's pretty clear, get admin approval. If you're not sure if you need admin approval, get it. If you're not sure if it's allowed here, get admin approval.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

That is solely up to the Admin, I didn't read about the FUNDRAISER you posted on, but I wouldn't say "some" could be approved. When in doubt ask before you post. Read the rules they are pretty clear.

mojavedave

That is solely up to the Admin, I didn't read about the FUNDRAISER you posted on, but I wouldn't say "some" could be approved. When in doubt ask before you post. Read the rules they are pretty clear.

First, I completely understand that I missed some rules and again, apologize. I am not pushing this issue. I had a couple questions looking to clarify. All I've gotten is a handful of admins/mods, though politely, jumping on board to simply say "its pretty clear". I'm not stupid. But I'm not getting anything other than a now insulting "it's pretty clear...".

Honestly, folks, I just wanted to share a supportive event that may save a historical site. I meant no harm. Had it not been some 3-4 folks all jumping at the chance to play moderator...

No matter....

I now know better.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
First, I completely understand that I missed some rules and again, apologize. I am not pushing this issue. I had a couple questions looking to clarify. All I've gotten is a handful of admins/mods, though politely, jumping on board to simply say "its pretty clear". I'm not stupid. But I'm not getting anything other than a now insulting "it's pretty clear...".

Honestly, folks, I just wanted to share a supportive event that may save a historical site. I meant no harm. Had it not been some 3-4 folks all jumping at the chance to play moderator...

No matter....

I now know better.

Lol three of the four people that responded ARE moderators.

I will make it more clear and answer your questions. Admins are aware that this thread was removed and have said that it should have gone through them. Any charity work or fundraiser must go through them first.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

No matter....

I now know better.

Get over yourself, I count three out of four respondents are in fact Moderators but that's besides the fact. What it boils down to is nobody was rude or impolite right? You can choose to take it however you'd like but save me the "insulted" line. Nobody insulted you.

mojavedave

Get over yourself, I count three out of four respondents are in fact Moderators but that's besides the fact. What it boils down to is nobody was rude or impolite right? You can choose to take it however you'd like but save me the "insulted" line. Nobody insulted you.

Wow dude. I honestly meant nothing derogatory to anyone.

Top Bottom