North Georgia Trip in the Beginning of June

TwistedJK

The family and I are going to be staying at Unicoi Stste Park (not sure it's spelled right) from June 4-9. We're basically there for the balloon race in Helen, but I was wondering if anyone in the area could show us or at least direct us to some trails in the area. Not looking for anything extreme to run on but something with a bit of a challenge. My father will be accompanying us in his ZJ on 31's. I thought it would be cool to actually meet some of the forum members from that area, and possibly make some new friends. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

sjudson61

Beasley Knob

You might want to check out Beasley Knob ( N34 52.449 W83 54.550). I will be in that area the 2nd week of May and give you an update when I return to FL.

TwistedJK

You might want to check out Beasley Knob ( N34 52.449 W83 54.550). I will be in that area the 2nd week of May and give you an update when I return to FL.

Thanks man. We're going to be doing a lot of driving around up there. Maybe even looking for a home too.

thardy

Banned
Beasley is definitely a good one. Bad news is that the Forest Service continues to shut down the better trails. There are still a few good ones, as well as a ton of fire roads that you could just drive for days. I'm actually wanting to plan out a route for a long weekend camping/overlanding adventure.

hhunter050

The family and I are going to be staying at Unicoi Stste Park (not sure it's spelled right) from June 4-9. We're basically there for the balloon race in Helen, but I was wondering if anyone in the area could show us or at least direct us to some trails in the area. Not looking for anything extreme to run on but something with a bit of a challenge. My father will be accompanying us in his ZJ on 31's. I thought it would be cool to actually meet some of the forum members from that area, and possibly make some new friends. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I would be down to join! Bell Mtn and tray Mtn are both close by and not hard to wheel

longarmwj

Charlies is NOT closed to traffic. Bell however is. The side trails to Charlies creek are the ones that are closed but the main trail is still open. Don't forget Trey Mountain which is literally about ten minutes from Unicoi.

Last edited:

TwistedJK

We'll go wherever you guys think is worth it. Going to be up there for a week, so we have plenty of time. There's nothing more my family loves than being up in the mountains.

Kendawg198

Good thinking Rccrwlr. I kinda was thinking the same thing but the banner just gave it more eye appeal than just typing it.

TwistedJK

That sounds like fun. I haven't checked that out yet, but I'll assume we'll need to register for this on Saturday. We'd still like to check out some of the local trails too, minus all the busy crowds. I can't wait to get out of here. Tired of all this flat landscape.

Big b

Beasley knob is a fun trail area, but not when it's busy. Some of the trails dead end and you can spend a lot of time in lines waiting to get turned around.

TwistedJK

We'll be there on the 4th and are leaving on the 9th. We can go anytime during the weekdays, i know with work that might not be an option.

Top Bottom