Tipm

Dray

Hi guy's,
So I'm driving down the road and out of nowhere dash light turn on, wiper fluid sprays, wipers are on, I pull over turn off the Jeep and she keeps running; so I pop the hood disconnected the negative terminal everything shuts off and go's back to normal.
Than latter that day it happens again' little research points to TIPM, so I go back outside open the door and wipers start turn signals flash, I unlatch hood and slap the TIPM and were back to normal again. Check engine code U0141 and the codes kindly provided to us here say...
U0141 - Lost Communication With Fcm
U0141 - Lost Communication With Front Control Module (tipm)
U0141 - Lost Communication With Front Control Module
U0141 - Lost Communication With Front Control Module
My question is this, does anybody know if I can buy a used TIPM I mean I found one on eBay, I drive an 07, JKU, Sahara, I found one off an 08 but when I check my TIPM the part #s did not match Im just not sure if I can buy any TIPM and try that or I need to buy from dealer at $700.00 ?

If not guess I can fold down windshield, remove hood, and carry a broom stick next to me, and if this happens I wont have to pull over just a tap seam's to return thing in normal function.:driving:

Thanks for any help...

Dray

you have to have an exact TIPM that matches your VIN

I see, I called the dealer and they asked for my VIN, the guy said it's to match the options selected with that vehicles, I'm thinking auto trans power windows and stuff. Now Chrysler parts found a match but did not ask for a VIN and I read that it was self programing, just wish I could confirm this, gues I'm the only one here to have one go bad...

jeeeep

Hooked
I see, I called the dealer and they asked for my VIN, the guy said it's to match the options selected with that vehicles, I'm thinking auto trans power windows and stuff. Now Chrysler parts found a match but did not ask for a VIN and I read that it was self programing, just wish I could confirm this, gues I'm the only one here to have one go bad...

it is self-programming but from what I learned in my search for a TIPM, only if it's a vin match that matches all your options and model year. if it's not, not all your options may work.

I called a few dealers and a Mopar store to try and get an answer/better price, and the consensus was it needed to be match (for all the options and model year) At the $900 they wanted at the time to install, I've decided to deal with manual lock/unlock rear doors until other issues start to appear.

Dray

it is self-programming but from what I learned in my search for a TIPM, only if it's a vin match that matches all your options and model year. if it's not, not all your options may work.

I called a few dealers and a Mopar store to try and get an answer/better price, and the consensus was it needed to be match (for all the options and model year) At the $900 they wanted at the time to install, I've decided to deal with manual lock/unlock rear doors until other issues start to appear.

I'm going to live with it for now, after disconnecting the horn the only real problem I get is the wipers and blinkers turn on and that doesn't happen all the time, interestingly enough a light tap makes it all stop. Makes me think of a lose connection or something. I wonder if I can buy an electric cleaner or inspect the wires though at a glance when lifting up the TIPM it looked ok but I'm no expert by any means. Either way I will live with it for now.. Thanks for you help, on mopar

http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/...2693&ukey_driveLine=9536&ukey_trimLevel=20365
they sell them for $280.00ish used not sure how it works due to vin match and all but they do...

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm going to live with it for now, after disconnecting the horn the only real problem I get is the wipers and blinkers turn on and that doesn't happen all the time, interestingly enough a light tap makes it all stop. Makes me think of a lose connection or something. I wonder if I can buy an electric cleaner or inspect the wires though at a glance when lifting up the TIPM it looked ok but I'm no expert by any means. Either way I will live with it for now.. Thanks for you help, on mopar

http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/...2693&ukey_driveLine=9536&ukey_trimLevel=20365
they sell them for $280.00ish used not sure how it works due to vin match and all but they do...

yeah, I saw the refurbished before -not sure I would trust it.

I've seen one taken apart and they have too many connections from layer to layer. it should would be nice to be able to replace the one single relay to get my locks working.

Damn thing is like xmas lights where if one light goes out it affects other lights further down the string.

txjeeplover

I would buy a new TIPM from a Mopar dealer. You can install it yourself and program it yourself, but having the correct TIPM for your application is essential. I bought a new TIPM for a 2009 JK on eBay and installed it in my 2008 JK. I installed it myself and followed the programming instructions I found online. The Jeep started, ran fine, and all features worked but the dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

Oh and check your terminals! The JK's modules don't respond well to corroded or bad terminals.

Top Bottom