Electrical box ?

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I installed my fuse box and relays today, still need to clean up wiring.

Is it ok to leave things like I have done or should I install a plastic box and place the fuse box and relays inside the box.

I don't do deep water or deep mud wheeling. More trail riding.

Attachments

• 1429756068972.jpg
    1429756068972.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 1429756085848.jpg
    1429756085848.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429794304.142348.jpg here is what I did, w/o cover on.... The enclosure is fuel and oil resistant it's nema4 water proof as well. I have always ran my relays just in the engine compartment with out any covering, never had a problem.

K.D.C.H

I doubt you'll have any issues but it will all depend on where you live, what kind of wheeling you do and how much moisture there is in you're area.

I'm an over protective kinda guy so I'd throw on a cover and even put a dab of clear RTV on any bare connections or around holes where lines go in and out of the box only because you never know when you might have to run through deep water. Better to be save them sorry I say

Either way, good work.

jedg

OP. That's appears to be a bluesea fuse panel so it's marine rated and should be fine where it's at. You've used decent insulated connectors as well. I suggest that you use some nylon end wire terminals (crimp type) on your wires that are 'dead ends' rather than rely on the electrical tape to keep them folded over.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the help. Yes, it's the Bluesea fuse box. I mounted everything high as possible.

I will install the "dead ends".

Again thanks :)

Top Bottom