An E-Wave from the Grater Fort Lauderdale Area

MikieJonFL

Hello,

I am Mikie J. Currently I am between jeeps. But that doesn't stop my love of jeeps and wheeling. I purchased my first off road vehicle at age 18. It was a international Harvester Scout II that belonged to my neighbor's parents in MOHAB! I've had many 4x4's and Jeeps. I've wheeled in the Mississippi Delta around Davenport, IA north to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I've spent a lot of time bogging through abandoned logging roads in the Green Mountains of Vermont. Looking for that perfect trail in the Catskills. Wheeling in the state of Connecticut riding trails and powerline trails. Then we tried some Mud Bogging in Broward County Florida.

When I look back at my varied Off Road Vehicles, it worked out that I ordered brand new Ford F-150 Short Bed 4x4 from Ford every 10 years starting back in 1980 with my F150 Custom with factory option dual front shocks. So lets see if that happens in 2020. Will I miss a decade? I think I'd prefer a nice JK Unlimited Rubicon however... We've also had our share of Jeeps. Some of my favorites were our '86 Grand Wagoneer in light yellow with the wood grain, It was very capable off road with some 33 10.50-15's and our old J10 Pick-up in White with a red interior. All of our off-road vehicles were daily drivers, tow vehicles for dragging, launching and pulling our boats (which seemed to get bigger every few year till our final boat in 1993 which was too large to trailer.) We also had a Wrangler X soft top and a CJ5. I can't go into a list of my old 4x4's without mentioning my Isuzu Trooper, Subaru Brat and a couple Bronco XLT's.

Now i am researching for my next wheeler, I'm thinking a late model JK Wrangler Ultimate Rubicon with lockers, 40" tires, coil over suspension, dynatrack axles, Big winch and a big Danforth anchor. I think the anchor will work for winching when I am in sand or mud when there aren't any trees around to wrap a strap around. I figure if they can hold a 44' cruiser in high wind, currents and waves, it should work to winch out a jeep!

Ok, so here is a bit about me, my wheeling history and my wheeling future.

Well thanks for reading my E-Wave!

Mikie...

georgi.photo

Welcome. Originally from West Palm myself. I live in NC now but my Fam is in Miami. I'll be there next week for "work".

Top Bottom