ATX Slab beadlock bolts have rusted after 3 weeks

Spudcannons

I just installed my ATX slabs 3 weeks ago and the beadlock bolts started rusting almost immediately. Is this an issue or did I get bad bolts? I think it could be an issue when removing them.

CJW

I THINk I remember reading elsewhere on here that someone else had this issue. So it's not uncommon. I believe they replaced them with stainless steel bolts to stop the rusting. You could also just paint them.

Big b

Did you get black bolts? That's what mine came with and they are not corrosion resistant at all. Mine were rusted good after the first week. I have since changed them out to a coated corrosion resistant bolt. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429812823.004996.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429812837.715486.jpg
These were fairly cheep at 60ish dollars for 100. If they don't last I guess I'll get stainless like what used to come with the wheels.

Spudcannons

Did you get black bolts? That's what mine came with and they are not corrosion resistant at all. Mine were rusted good after the first week. I have since changed them out to a coated corrosion resistant bolt. View attachment 138977 View attachment 138978
These were fairly cheep at 60ish dollars for 100. If they don't last I guess I'll get stainless like what used to come with the wheels.

Do you know the size/threadcount/depth hex size?

utiadam

LOSER
My chamber pros came with silver bolts which I'm assuming are stainless. I haven't noticed any signs of rust. When I first mounted mine up I messed up a thread insert in one of the wheels. I couldn't get a hold of atx so I called Spyderlock. They sell the inserts and the bolts for $1 each. There is also an install tool for the inserts for about $18.

kpig

Received four wheels with black bolts and one with silver. All black bolts are now rusted after one week. I'm going to fastenal to buy stainless.

07silverjk

get a cheap tumbler from harbor fright. use walnut shells. when they are clean, spraypaint them with clear coat!! :thumb:

K.D.C.H

Yea mine were rusted right from day 1. When I ordered my 5 slabs I got 4 of them with the black rusty bolts and 1 with the stainless bolts. I'll be ordering stainless for the other 4 here soon.

I ordered mine from Northridge. They came with the black bolts. Rusted very quickly too. I shot an email back to them with pictures and three days later I had a box with new silver bolts from the manufacture!!! Great CS right there.

JKRicky

I ordered mine from Northridge. They came with the black bolts. Rusted very quickly too. I shot an email back to them with pictures and three days later I had a box with new silver bolts from the manufacture!!! Great CS right there.

I had the same situation getting the black bolts but I didn't install them after learning about them rusting. Called up Northridge and had new silver bolts in three days with no hassle. Def great customer service.

dillard09

I'm having ORE slap some slabs on right now. Maybe I should find out which ones they are putting in! Hope it's the stainless ones! Thanks for the heads up on this thread guys!

Rccrwlr

I tried but never got a response. Not a big deal, though. Everything in Louisiana rusts.

Interesting. With all of the sponsor rigs and people that bought them on this forum alone you should have got a "we'll take a look".

Top Bottom