Pinch Seam Chop

yoyoyeo02

Anything special to do for the trim other than seal it up after? Am gonna try to chop mine off today. Just straight forward cut it off kinda deal?

yoyo

yoyoyeo02

Gotcha, didn't know if i should tape it off first, or any other party tricks. Just like to learn from the pros.. or learn from others mistakes, you know.:brows:

El Toro

Here are a few shots of mine. I did it a few weeks ago. I just drew a line being careful of the spot welds and then chopped it with a sawzall. I had a foamy insulation packed in the bubble part, no biggie. I filled everything in with JBWeld. Seals it up and it's strong as steel almost...

Attachments

• 1429902325455.jpg
    1429902325455.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 1429902342276.jpg
    1429902342276.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 249

ArmyofMike

Instead of cutting the seam, could you hit it with a mallet to push it inward and increase the clearance? Or is this a failed technique?

CJW

Instead of cutting the seam, could you hit it with a mallet to push it inward and increase the clearance? Or is this a failed technique?

You can move the metal that way but it may look like crap when done. Plus that's a lot of metal to just beat in.

yoyoyeo02

Well, i got her cut, just have to fill. Not even, but still better than before. Im learning. Time off is great, did the front breaks, put in some plush ride EVO 4" coils, sits higher now. Played golf twice and have eaten horrible for the last week. Been AWESOME!! Looking forward to putting in the axle in and getting the gears done. Then the trails.

yoyo

Top Bottom