Why the hell??

Holeshot

Banned
Well its time now to ask a critical question to me xD

I hear lot of people calling their jeep with a girl name, saying "her" or whatever. WHYY?? fuck a jeep is a pure MALE truck, a truck that is capable of anything, like a male.. ok I precise that I'm not bashing about girls/women, ok i know there's women as capable or even more than some man, BUT, it's not worth calling your jeep with feminine manners :doh:

Ok I understand, MAYBE, because you like to rub/clean it like you would on your GF/wife, or maybe to ride women? loll :brows: , but still there, not worth it IMO haha. Ok, like Eddie say, maybe it's just me! Every time I hear someone calling HIS jeep "HER", It pleases me to rectify him/her loll :bleh:

Since 1941, jeeps (wrangler model), never had any female mirrors under sun visors until 2011-12's... it's a sign.. lol

Anyways, I'd like some explanation from fellows? :hmm:

Last edited:

Indefatigable

Because we have a Motherland, have a mother country etc. Most big or important things are assigned female gender for language use. The French language assigns gender to everything! It was a PITA in school.

Now, if you were German, then everything would be male. Fatherland.

Its cultural, and has been going on since man built big things.

Holeshot

Banned
thanks for the input!! that make sens!!

But even in my french culture from canada, lot of people calls their jeeps in female gender.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, i'd have to go with it being a cultural thing but, to be fair, we call our white JK "moby" as in "moby dick" - masquline sense, and our dozer jk "rubicat" in the feminine. :yup:

Tranquillity

yeah, i'd have to go with it being a cultural thing but, to be fair, we call our white JK "moby" as in "moby dick" - masquline sense, and our dozer jk "rubicat" in the feminine. :yup:

Well I hope they got neutered because if they breed it will give one hell of a jeep :eek:

Lane87

This is a very good question. In the Army most of us name our rifles, it's always a female name.. I also refer to my jeep as "her" I think as men we give the things we love feminine names because like women they are expensive, dangerous, and if not treated properly can be a real bi*ch! haha

Prime8

I used to have a lifted 96 Cherokee when I lived in Phoenix that I named Janet. It had to be named a female name, due to tradition, but it was a manly vehicle. So "Janet" was chosen because both Janet Reno and Janet Napolitano (who was AZs governor at the time) are so manly.

The new rig is named Slimer though, due to its color. And I think Slimer was a guy... Hard to tell with ghosts...

Linebacker

Caught the Bug

Fair is good. Let's not forget those times our masculine Jeeps break in the middle of nowhere and we immediately revert to the feminine with comments like "mutha...... "! Ultimately, I think most of us are gender neutral.:twocents:

Top Bottom