Aftermarket headunit issues

rosst192

Hey guys maybe someone can shed some light. I installed a kenwood head unit in my jk and it sounds horrible. My jeep has upgraded kicker speakers in it and I check them and they're working fine but there is no bass and the sound is very distorted. I used a wiring harness off amazon and everything seemed to link up. I messed with the settings some and it seemed to just make it worse. Is there something I'm missing?

billallen

Do you have the factory amp? If you do you may have the wrong harness or you will have to bypass the amp

rosst192

That kind of what I'm wondering, I bought the jeep used and of course the dealership was as helpful as a dead horse about anything done to it. Any clue where the factory amp would be located would be located if I did?

Sithwindu

That kind of what I'm wondering, I bought the jeep used and of course the dealership was as helpful as a dead horse about anything done to it. Any clue where the factory amp would be located would be located if I did?

I thought I read somewhere it was under steering dash, next to column

RKJK10

Yeah that's exactly where, I'm not sure the harness I have is powering my tweeters either. Have to do some checking tomorrow.

figure out the issue? what model do you have? I'm about to pull the trigger on a DNX392, I'm just wondering

Spencer11496

Check if you have the factory amp. Also, how did you connect the harness with the radio? Solder? Crimps? Twist caps? Could be a poor connection. Check and make sure you didn't invert the phase settings on the radio, it's usually only for the sub but still wouldn't hurt to check.

Top Bottom