DTD prep mods?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Well, I've decided that when I lift the jeep, I will MOST LIKELY be going with the DTD w/evo-lever system. I plan on taking the jeep out to California for Offroad Evolution to do the install, while the jeep is there I will also have them install the high clearance long arms, 5:13 gears, 37"s, gussets, ball joints (I may do the ball joints on my own before hand), drag link flip, and burn on the rock sliders. However, while saving the pennys for the lift (which will most likely take place when the factory MT'S are due for replacement) I want to build up the jeep in preperation for this. My goal is to have the jeep ready for the DTD system, and not needing to re-replace parts to accomidate it. Currently my jeep is stock aside from the front bumper&winch. Things I'm curious about are for example:

1)The LOD sliders - I remember reading in another thread that the rear most mount can interfere with the lever system, I would like to avoid this if possible. I am open to suggestions, but went with the LOD front bumper, and like the fit and finish, plus the step is a nice addition for the Mrs.

2) the exhaust system- I don't mind the jeep making a little noise as long as I can still cruse down the highway without drone. The jeep is my daily. Im thinking the dynomax evolution kit? Open to suggestions

3) any armor plates to avoid? For example the EVO evap skid I read could have fitment issues from my understanding?

4) I would like to swap out the front (and rear?) drivelines prior to the lift, I'm thinking 1310 front and 1350 rear?

5) I'm not really sure what axle shafts we will need to be looking at for the heavy 37"s, the tires will likely be something along the lines of a toyo open country mt or nitto trail grappler mt (37/12.5/17) on factory wheels on spacers. (Will upgrade to slabs when the axles go, don't want to waste money on the 5 on 5 bolt pattern and be stuck with 5 on 5 with the 1tons.

Is there anything mechanically that I'm overlooking? I do like the idea of hydro assist, but I'm not made of money and will have to prioritize. I'm just getting tired of taking bypasses, scrapping the ground, getting high centered, and beating the heck out of the factory skids. I am a noob, this is my first jeep, but I am a huge believer in "buy once, buy right"

thank you guys for sharing your experience, concerns reccomendations and knowlege. I'm excited to get this build underway, and much more so to get the jeep to a point to where I'm no longer bypassing all the fun stuff on the trail.

Last edited:
Top Bottom