Is .5 too much?

JKbrick

Installed my Currie front lowers today, my wife mowed the yard yesterday so I could work on Brick today! So after I was done I realized I must have had a senior moment and installed the grease zerks down, dang it. I checked the degree measurement on the diff and it is 88.5, too much? Had been told the Johnny joint went to the axle but the write up for currie on here says frame end so they may be backwards and upside down. Geez I think I wasted a couple hours. If I flip them over and around should I spin the Johnny joint in a turn or two?

MarkW13

I'm pretty sure you should be checking your caster off of the top ball joint. You should be looking for at least 4 degrees toward the rear of the jeep. Your pinion angle will just be what it is. If your pinion angle is highly undesirable you can lighten up the caster, but it will impact performance and you will likely have a light steering wheel or have some bump steer issues.

JKbrick

I'm pretty sure you should be checking your caster off of the top ball joint. You should be looking for at least 4 degrees toward the rear of the jeep. Your pinion angle will just be what it is. If your pinion angle is highly undesirable you can lighten up the caster, but it will impact performance and you will likely have a light steering wheel or have some bump steer issues.

I'll check the ball joint. On the write up I found here it showed 88 on the two flat circles on either side of the front diff cover, I figured either measurement would work?

JKbrick

With a digital "pocket level" I can't get very accurate off the top ball joint because it changes angle depending on how you have it clocked if that makes sense

Top Bottom