Dash light came on yesterday

robx251

Caught the Bug
Close wheeling yesterday my abs ESP bas light came on I know the ESP bas light and traction control light comes on but I'm curious as to what would have cause the ABS light to come on with it no just before this I did put it in a new rear locker in my 2 door sport does anyone know if that would mess things up while wheeling and cause the computer to have a hissy fit. I should also note that I do need a new clock spring at the moment

Last edited:

robx251

Caught the Bug
Close wheeling yesterday my abs ESP bas light came on I know the ESP bas light and traction control light comes on but I'm curious as to what would have cause the ABS light to come on with it no just before this I did put it in a new rear locker in my 2 door sport does anyone know if that would mess things up while wheeling and cause the computer to have a hissy fit. I should also note that I do need a new clock spring at the moment

Update. After giving the rear end an extensive look over I found that the abs sensor wires were pinched and cut on the passenger side. After a couple of heat shrink connectors and a few zip ties for wire rerouting took for a quick drive and lights went out. SUCCESS!!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Update. After giving the rear end an extensive look over I found that the abs sensor wires were pinched and cut on the passenger side. After a couple of heat shrink connectors and a few zip ties for wire rerouting took for a quick drive and lights went out. SUCCESS!!!

You can order new ones on eBay for like $12 a piece. Having some spares isn't a bad thing. But you will be fine with the splice. I ran mine spliced for two years before I replaced them.

Rccrwlr

You can order new ones on eBay for like $12 a piece. Having some spares isn't a bad thing. But you will be fine with the splice. I ran mine spliced for two years before I replaced them.

$12?! That's cheap. I can only find the ~$40 version.

Top Bottom