Stock 17'' wheel -- largest width tire?

JakeJK

i was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the maximum tire width i can run on my stock 17'' wheels off my 2010 sport.
thanks!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
People run a 12.50 wide tire on them with wheel spacers. Don't know if that's the widest tire or not but you can get a 37x12.50 and much bigger than that, they start getting wider.

Personally, I run a 35x12.50 and plan on getting 37x12.50s sometime on factory rims with wheel spacers.

JakeJK

People run a 12.50 wide tire on them with wheel spacers. Don't know if that's the widest tire or not but you can get a 37x12.50 and much bigger than that, they start getting wider.

Personally, I run a 35x12.50 and plan on getting 37x12.50s sometime on factory rims with wheel spacers.

awesome thanks, i'm only looking at 33's because id like to just level and put tires on for now.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You'll be good with a leveling kit, 33s on factory wheels with wheel spacers. Without the wheel spacers your tires will rub. Believe you can adjust the turning stops but I think the wheel spacers make it look better.

tpietzsch

What he said.........^^^^^^

I run 35x12.50s on Sahara wheels without issue. Check with your local tire shop though as some will not mount them claiming safety concerns. I don't know if there is truth to the claim but ask before you work a deal somewhere.

JakeJK

sweet thanks for the info guys, i might just run 33's and about 10.8 width, maybe 11.5 ill have to decide haha really depends on the prices. something between 275-295

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You can do a 285/70r17 and not have to do wheel spacers but like I said I like how the wheel spacers move the wheels out. I had 285s on my 08 jk with out a lift but was starting to look into at least a leveling kit as I rubbed on the fender flares one time and didn't want to trim them. I ended up trading the 08 in before I lifted it though.

Top Bottom