JK Mods

georgi.photo

There may very well be a thread for this. IDK. So here we go. Owning a jeep is an expensive lifestyle, granted. But I am not a six figure guy and have to save for a while before doing serious mods. That being said, I need to do something. What are the cheap but useful mods that I can start with? I am Already picking my CB radio kit as I am learning how important that is on the trails in bigger groups. Give me what you got, and if you can, tell me why I should do it. Thanks.

K.D.C.H

Well it all depends on what you're planning on doing with your Jeep and what Jeep you have. A little more info on all this will help on what suggestion to give you

georgi.photo

Well it all depends on what you're planning on doing with your Jeep and what Jeep you have. A little more info on all this will help on what suggestion to give you

I have a 2014 JK Sport 2Dr. It's a soft top. I'm running 35's with 20" rims. I think my lift is either 2.5 or 3". Manual transmission. I am into trail running and rock crawling. So not sure what is the recommended outfit for the jeep.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have a 2014 JK Sport 2Dr. It's a soft top. I'm running 35's with 20" rims. I think my lift is either 2.5 or 3". Manual transmission. I am into trail running and rock crawling. So not sure what is the recommended outfit for the jeep.

Have you put gussets on your Cs? Id start with that if not.

Last edited:

K.D.C.H

Well most are running the 17" wheels over the 20". Are you running your stock fenders? If so you can cut those down and give you a little more clearance room. That's a cheap mod right there. C gussets would be good also

Peak

Front/Rear tow points, Fire Extinguisher, first aid kit and Recovery gear to get you started.

georgi.photo

Well most are running the 17" wheels over the 20". Are you running your stock fenders? If so you can cut those down and give you a little more clearance room. That's a cheap Los right there

I am running the stocks. Okay. I will try doing that.

K.D.C.H

Thanks for the advice. Already looking at where to get them installed in my area.

Welding I agree, have them burned on by a pro but everything else if you have the time and even a little mechanical know how I recommend doing yourself. You'll learn so much about your Jeep by really getting your hands into it. When a breakdown happens on the trail it will pay dividends

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
After safety and recovery mods, what makes more sense? Suspension upgrades? Lifting the jeep? Or axle upgrades?

Top Bottom