How can i know if u have a bad catalytic converter

wolfy

I need help!
Have no codes and the car is not misfiring.
Loss of power on hills and a ratling sound when i start the car and sometimes while driving and i think its coming from the exhaust.
Finally a whining sound from somewhere in the front and a squiqing out of my dynamo.
Here it goes and the stupid ppl at stealership cant know what it is and wont work on it if no codes!! Plz help

wolfy

How can i diagnose if its a dead cat what is the procedure?? Is there a member that lives in montreal and is able to assist?? Tx alot

Rebel JK

I had 2 trucks that had bad/clogged cats. If you disconnect the cat and your power returns then bingo. Will be loud as hell but should be able to tell difference when driving. Easiest way though as mentioned by 10frank, take it in.

jeeeep

Hooked
as i mentioned in the other thread, there is a simple pressure test that can be done but you need to have the gauge and plugs to plug the holes that will need to be drilled for the test. as others have mentioned, take it to a muffler shop. they can test it and replace it cheaper than the dealer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you need to have a pressure test done and a local exhaust shop can help you with that.

xx-LSD-xx

CC are guaranteed to last at least eight years by California Law.

Don't see why you should pay for it if you don't have to. Look into it.

"Lesson learned the hard way" I wasn't aware they are covered. Doh!!

Top Bottom