Ready for some high performance shocks.

AlwaysCrawling

I need to swap out my shocks. I live i Utah and do a mixture of high speed desert driving and rock crawling. Any suggestions?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I'm interested to see what people say.
I've run Bilsteins for the past four years and have liked them, but they are wearing out and thinking about trying something new. I have the new Rancho rs9000 on my sons two door and they are definitely more plush.

I bet most people will say go to a EVO coilover.

Ah2014jk

I just switched out to the rancho 9000 from bilstien as well. No comment yet as it hasn't even been a week. A lot of guys here love them ( and they look good too!)

toxicwaste29

I am using fox 2.0 reservoirs. I got ones tuned by tereflex for a softer ride compared to stock fox shocks. Now after new tires Im kind of wishing I went for the stiffer fox since the ride seems too soft for me or I somehow blew a brand new fox shock somewhere.

Have the Rancho 9000's paired with Evo plushrides and it absolutely amazing how well it rides. However, thats not bombing thru deserts either, which sounds more like coilover territory.

Hot94Z28

I had Bilsteins and hated them I run Rancho 9000's and love them even with my RK springs. Of coarse if I had the money right now would do coil overs that would be the best of you want to spend the money.

jeeeep

Hooked
I need to swap out my shocks. I live i Utah and do a mixture of high speed desert driving and rock crawling. Any suggestions?

depends on how fast you want to go...I had bilsteins and they faded faster than I had hoped driving semi fast off-road, I now have King 2.5's and I can definitely go faster for a much longer time but after having driven a Jeep setup to go fast on coil overs, no comparison.

So it depends on how fast you want to go and for how long. It's more than just shocks - the stock axles aren't made for too much off-road high speed and you'll also need to consider your wheels and tires.

What's your budget like? fast is relative to your budget :thumb:

socalrubi

I just put the 9000s under my yj and they are awesome! They really improved the ride even with leaf springs. The price is also very nice too lol

big dr

Fox 2.0 with piggyback reservoir and 8 position adjuster. They are more expensive, but they wont fade at high speed like the rancho or bilsteine, and they are rebuildable. For a better shock than that,,, Coilover.

TreyP

I went with the Fox 2.5 internal bypass with DSC system. It allows me to adjust to the load and road conditions. They are pricy, but you get what you pay for. I haven't spent much time tuning them yet as the Jeep is still in the build phase. But I will say so far they are amazing. Places I used to go with the stock set up, I can now go with ease much faster and not feel like I'm trashing anything. The only thing I have noticed so far is the rears could use a little bit more rebound. But that is only in slow speed stuff. I'm thinking after I add some unsprung weight (wheels/tires) things will smooth out even more.

JAGS

Hooked
What would you suggest over the FOX 2.0 reservoir? Besides CO?

I'd take a hard look at the king 2.5s. Not CO, but about as close as you can get. I'm still running stock Rubi axles, so hitting top speed for the 2.5s is plenty fast.

Top Bottom