What to work on next?

toxicwaste29

Okay so I just got my 35's put on this past weekend. I have a 2012 with 3.21 gears and a 6 speed. I knew I would lose a gear going to this tire size which I am okay with. I cant decide what to save for next (first time since getting the jeep three years ago). Should I regear, do armor, or what? I have 3.5" of lift and know I need a new front drive shaft which since there is no offroading near me I am still on the stock one, should I get a longer one I want to do a PR44 can a drive shaft for the d30 also fit a pr44 or are the ends different? For regearing I want to go to 37s when these tires are nearly bald so maybe two or three years, I only want to regear once for the 35's and 37's so should I wait for the 37's to regear? I have front and rear steel bumpers and am thinking an oil pan skid, sliders, and tire carrier since I have been driving without a spare.

So after that wall of text which should I save my money for next? Also since people say pics or it didn't happen; see below my current jeep. Thanks for the help all!

Attachments

• IMG_20150425_115626345.jpg
    IMG_20150425_115626345.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

noroad

first off if you get a new front shaft and change axle it will be no problem you will just need a yoke in that size which can be ordered on you axle at that time, as for gears or armor. I would go armor so that you can wheel wlll you save for gears. brings peace of mind, will it suck just a little ya, i wheeled 37s on 3.21s and omg that sucked lol. Sliders and oil pan/tranny skids

toxicwaste29

Okay so chromoly shafts front and rear or just front? I would have to keep my current spline count to keep from having to upgrade gears to the new spline count also correct? For the drive shaft do they make kits to change the flange on the axles to a cv like I believe they did for the cj's? I cant really find the different flanges for the drive shaft. It seems you either get it the cv or or flange type and that's that. I might be not looking in the right places.

Top Bottom