RK 2.5 driveshaft issue

zzachm18

I have an 09 2door auto. Do you all think the rock krawler 2.5 max/flex kit would give me enough lift to have to purchase longer driveshafts? I'm trying to avoid that issue. The only things weighing me down are my front arb deluxe bumper and the hardtop.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Most coils provide more lift than advertised. You'll probably be fine for street use but after a while the angle will cause the rubber boot to rip and damage your front drive shaft. The more you take it off road the more likely it will happen sooner.

JohnnyD

I have a 2014 JKR and I installed the RK stock mod 2.5". Same springs your looking at. Don't know what shocks your lookin at but I did the RK RRD.

At full droop my front DS hits both the exhaust and crossmember roughly same time due to angle, the rear doesn't hit but the angle is pretty extreme .

My new driveshafts will be here tomorrow.

So yes in my case I had to at least do front, I decided to do both.

JohnnyD

Oh, OP sorry didn't address the weight comment, I am not weighted an extreme amount. I have bumper skid and winch in front and close to nothing in rear with just a fascia. I can't give you measurements but I know I got closer to 3" with the RK springs...here are some good pics of stance before and after...

Before, just flats and 35's
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430308329.791059.jpg

After RK 2.5" stock mod:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430308400.171356.jpg

zzachm18

Looks great and thanks for the info. I a was looking at either rancho 9000s or bilsteins but I'm leaning towards 9000s

Top Bottom