Front Axle Shaft Leak

Fuhaxian

I just recently replaced both ujoints on my Rubicon and it seems that I have a leak coming out of the axle tubes on both sides. I cleaned the area up and confirmed that the leak is still there. What exactly is causing this issue, would it be an inner axle shaft seal, and what exactly do I need to buy to fix this. Is there a write up on this? Wanting to fix it pretty soon.

tpietzsch

You may of knicked the seal. Is this the only time the axle shafts been out? It's an annoying problem to have for sure. The tire slings gear lube everywhere. Bleh.

Last edited:

Fuhaxian

Well as far as I know, second owner. Though this is the first time I noticed it leaking, and coincidentally right after I replaced the ujoints.

I'm not looking forward to taking everything off again just to get to a seal. This is going to suck

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well as far as I know, second owner. Though this is the first time I noticed it leaking, and coincidentally right after I replaced the ujoints.

I'm not looking forward to taking everything off again just to get to a seal. This is going to suck

You have to pull the ring and pinion to do the seals.

Fuhaxian

That's the same thing as the carrier right? Still learning. Won't I also have to take the axle shafts out?

Top Bottom