Inside lighting issue.

toxicwaste29

I'm having this issue were I keep losing my illumination. First it was for the driver side rear window. Then the 5 on the stereo. Now my driver side switch lost illumination. Anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• 1430357855505.jpg
    1430357855505.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 75

toxicwaste29

Its been up for awhile. Everything still functions as it is; I just keep losing the illumination randomly and it wont come back after its lost.

toxicwaste29

LED lights? That is the factory illumination so whatever they use fiber optic or something I dont know. I do have LED floor lights but I tied those in when I first got the jeep to a power and ground. This has just started in the past year.

budmanm3

I have found that my led tail bulbs cause my canbus to do weird things regarding the lighting sometimes, that is why I asked.

budmanm3

Interesting. Do your tail lights have resistors to simulate the higher load?

I bought bulbs that supposedly work with the canbus to not cause issues, but they still did. So i added the resistors and it didn't help. I've just been dealing with the error codes, all the lights work. Probably just have too many leds lol

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
It may just be that the OEM interior back lighting is burning out. Most of the OEM back lighting for components are provided by mini incandescent bulbs that are soldered to the control boards for the component. You can replace those bulbs if you are good at soldering or just replace them with the flat / low profile LED lights.

Top Bottom