Flex A Lite Radiator for the 3.8 V6

steve_r2

Has anyone fitted the Flex a Lite alu radiator with 16" fan (part #52388) to the 3.8 V6?
Is it a worthwhile upgrade ?
Looking at going whole hog on this....HPS silicone hoses, new trans oil cooler and considering using Evans Water less Coolant (just intrigued to see if it does what it says).
Any thoughts appreciated before I drop a load of money.....

JKWrang

Im not sure you'd need a largee electric fan here. The whole point of the flex a lites for many vehicles was to remove the belt driven fan from the equation.

steve_r2

Im not sure you'd need a largee electric fan here. The whole point of the flex a lites for many vehicles was to remove the belt driven fan from the equation.

Problem is Wrang that here in Dubai it is the heat that concerns me. Summer temps touch 55c (131 F) regularly and a lot of the runs I do are hard and fast big dune driving over a number of hours hence looking at up rating the cooling capacity.

steve_r2

Sounds like youve got your mind made up and answered your own questions :yup:

Haha....sorry not meant to come across like that at all.
Just trying to work out if it is a large alu radiator and if it's worth the expense etc etc of getting it done.
Don't want to drop a load of money if it's only going to be a small difference....rather get some other goodies otherwise.

noroad

If everything works fine, I would start with more air flow into the engine bay! hood lover, make sure the hood heat mat is off, look into front fender liners that breath like crawler conceptz.

steve_r2

If everything works fine, I would start with more air flow into the engine bay! hood lover, make sure the hood heat mat is off, look into front fender liners that breath like crawler conceptz.

All of the above done .....am I being unduly paranoid then ?

Top Bottom