Trail Ready Beadlocks - Internal Balancing Tires

USMCvet

Banned
I've ordered a set of five Trail Ready beadlock wheels in 17" and I'm going to throw my 37" Goodyear MT/R's on them. I've researched several options for internal balancing from using the Dynabead packs to a hand full of 20mm hard rubber balls from a paintball type gun. Then someone suggested placing 4 golf balls in each tire. Any thoughts on internal balancing 37's and would the golf ball thing work?

USMCvet

Banned
With the whine of the MTR's he will not be able to hear anything.:cheesy:

That was the drawback from using golf balls according to the individual who is currently using them in a HJ60 with 37's and TR beadlocks. He did say it's funny to watch peoples' reaction at the stop light. Anyhow, I'm going to take a ride with him to see exactly how bad the noise is.

USMCvet

Banned
The MT/R's are irritating with regard to balancing and on road wandering. I'm about ready to craigslist them and get something else - any recommendations?

dyn0mitemat

Although I've only toyed around with 35's thus far:
I had the same issues with mtr/k's, the old style on the other hand I loved :thinking:... We should start a petition to bring them back!!! :clap2:

Currently have a set of MT Baja MTZ's and like them ALOT better, alot quieter on the road, do better offroad IMO, and they drive much better. Plus I seem to be getting better mileage out of them.

Can't go wrong with the Nitto Trail Grap's either though, I know a few people running them in 37's and they love them. If I stopped getting these MTZ's so cheap I'd give the nittos or toyo open country's a try.

:twocents:

dwmgcs

I run BFG MT KM2's and I love them, they are quiet, run true on the road, work great in both mud and on the rocks and good self cleaning.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
The MT/R's are irritating with regard to balancing and on road wandering. I'm about ready to craigslist them and get something else - any recommendations?

I've been very happy with my Nitto Trail Grapplers. Depending on what size you are looking for, they may be hard to come by.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I'm running 37x12.50x17's.

Same here. I am almost positive the Discount Tire Direct has them back in stock. I worked with RJ at DTD and couldn't be happier. They offer a Wayalife discount too! I can shoot you his contact info if you want.

USMCvet

Banned
Same here. I am almost positive the Discount Tire Direct has them back in stock. I worked with RJ at DTD and couldn't be happier. They offer a Wayalife discount too! I can shoot you his contact info if you want.

That would be great. Thanks.

NM2012CherryJK

I just got rid of my MT/R's and went with Nitto Trail Grapplers night a day difference. The MT/R's a junk feels like the Jeep evey stop's better all around couldnt be happier.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
That would be great. Thanks.

I figured I would just post his info here.

RJ w/Discount Tire Direct
800.589.6789 ext. 51823

I've been doing business with Discount Tire for over 15 years and it's guys like RJ that keep me coming back. :thumbup:

Hope this helps!

USMCvet

Banned
I figured I would just post his info here.

RJ w/Discount Tire Direct
800.589.6789 ext. 51823

I've been doing business with Discount Tire for over 15 years and it's guys like RJ that keep me coming back. :thumbup:

Hope this helps!

I will give him a call.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Been in your shoes before and ended up selling mine as well. I personally prefer Toyo or Nittos.

Top Bottom