Oil Changing miles question

Ant's JK

I know on my old 2012 I would faithfully change my oil around 3-4000 miles but on the 2015 I read you do not need to change oil till 10,000 miles. What are everyones thoughts about that?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
I know on my old 2012 I would faithfully change my oil around 3-4000 miles but on the 2015 I read you do not need to change oil till 10,000 miles. What are everyones thoughts about that?

Does your 2015 have the oil life indicator on the EVIC?

I have been following its guidance unless I spend quite a bit of time in the dirt/dust. My current oil change has about 4,000mi on it and the oil life indicator says that I still have 55% remaining. FWIW, I run 5w20 Penzoil Platinum Synthetic.

mattsat

I am actually looking to buy a new JKUR soon as well, and in my experience with new synthetic oils, they will last 10K before starting to break down, some are 15K. Most people would run oil changes every 7500 with synthetic, but thats up to you. My brother had an M5 before and they would run oil samples to find the state of the oil before changing. He had about 75K on his car with only 3 oil changes on it, but that route is too expensive for your standard maintenance schedule. If it were me I would feel safe to change my oil anywhere between 7500 and 10000. thats my .02 :thumb:

Ant's JK

Thank you for that information. My indicator is reading 55% so probably around 7000 will be a good time for a change

Top Bottom